Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Opened up the garage, put the key in the ignition, turned it, and it fired right up.  So, I took it to Cars & Coffee.

20190803.jpg

20190803-2.jpg

Wow - that old, fat guy should lose some weight and quit putting his drink on top of the washer bottle.   :whistling:

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
I put the new ignition and door lock set in today.

Kcmash

Reaction score
My Car
Various
Opened up the garage, put the key in the ignition, turned it, and it fired right up.  So, I took it to Cars & Coffee.

Wow - that old, fat guy should lose some weight and quit putting his drink on top of the washer bottle.   :whistling:
I love the chrome bumper option. What a looker. I'm guessing you gave the guy using your car as a drinks counter a strong talking to  :p

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
65 coupe
Haven't had much time for the car this summer as we've been doing some home renovations. Had a group of friends over yesterday to replace the 1960 casement windows in our sunroom. There were a few moments that a ramp and a garage door were considered instead of the windows. The Mustang would look good in there for the winter.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1

I love the chrome bumper option. What a looker. I'm guessing you gave the guy using your car as a drinks counter a strong talking to  :p
Only every day... he never listens. lollerz

I really like the chrome bumper as well, especially since there's enough chrome on the car for it to make sense. I still have the urethane bumper and I'll get around to repainting and reinstalling it one day, but for now: "Chrome will get'cha home!" (as my pal Jim used to always say).

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Haven't had much time for the car this summer as we've been doing some home renovations. Had a group of friends over yesterday to replace the 1960 casement windows in our sunroom. There were a few moments that a ramp and a garage door were considered instead of the windows. The Mustang would look good in there for the winter.

Are those the new windows?  They look GREAT!  Nice Job!   ::thumb::

rolandmhall

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Coupe - Restomod
I've had the spoiler sitting around for awhile.  Finally got around to installing it on the coupe.

I like it.....

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
After a front end alignment took her out for a spin, no hood or front fenders and just with headers. Got a lot of looks and thumbs up, people taking their sunglasses of and stare  lollerz Have to go back to the alignment shop today, they need to do it right!

Reaction score
My Car
Various
After a front end alignment took her out for a spin, no hood or front fenders and just with headers. Got a lot of looks and thumbs up, people taking their sunglasses of and stare  lollerz Have to go back to the alignment shop today, they need to do it right!

:gotpics:

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
They usually want everything on the car and 1/2 tank of gas to do an accurate alignment. You should drive some to settle in the suspension if you had it apart. They actually have bumps in factory or a shaker to settle the suspension in before alignment.

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
They usually want everything on the car and 1/2 tank of gas to do an accurate alignment. You should drive some to settle in the suspension if you had it apart. They actually have bumps in factory or a shaker to settle the suspension in before alignment.
+1 my shop did the initial alignment and had me put about 100 or so miles on it then bring it back. I put about 200 on it and took it back and they made a few adjustments. They also wanted my estimated weight to put in drivers seat.  Keep in mind I did not have it aligned to factory spec as I wanted a little different for handling.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Went out to a third Cars & Coffee event starting up in San Angelo yesterday!  Apparently, people weren't happy with the change in venue for C&C and decided to strike out on their own with another event - which makes 3 C&C-like events in San Angelo now.  Wow!  I heard some griping by the high-exotic/Corvette crowd that took over the original C&C and moved it away from Golden Corral to a local bar parking lot - which was to be expected, I suppose.  Hey - not everybody wants to go to lunchtime drinking events in their expensive hot rods, I guess.

IMG_0453.jpg

Here's the link to my pal Stephen Horton's Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenhorton/albums/72157710219412121?fbclid=IwAR3fplTjClmyoxvf0hYlteXj-epJA8UDiWpllSpkC_5PwOU8u2QrzIwDuUM

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
Today,  one of those really cool jobs.  Original ram air hardware on the grabber blue hood....

Kcmash

Reaction score
My Car
1990 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, 306ci
1978 F150 Ranger, 545 Stroker
1973 Mexican Mach 1 ( final confirmation TBD), 351C
[url=https://ibb.co/kqFMPqf][img]https://i.ibb.co/GCjFrCL/pic1.jpg[/img][/url]
I also want to add the functional ram air setup. it looks straight forward except for connecting vacuum lines or throttle-body connections to control the ram air ports...

Reaction score
My Car
I also want to add the functional ram air setup.  it looks straight forward except for connecting vacuum lines or throttle-body connections to control the ram air ports...
That is straight forward too.  They vacuum ties to the vacuum tree behind the carb.  Vacuum line runs to tube retainers around the plenum, a T- at the RH valve then a connection at the LH valve.

kcmash

Reaction score
My Car
Hood is on the car!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible
Father /Son resto-mod project
1 year in:
351 Cleveland- modified
Maier suspension
Tremec 5 speed

Started the day intending to play with different options for firming up the foam / spring supports of the driver seat.  We put new ACC foam in it when we had the seat covers replaced, but its always been too soft for me. After unwrapping and removing the foam, I found that the seat pan is in really bad shape.  Multiple cracks, and evidence of previous repairs. I understand this is a problem area for this seat, but wow, this is close to folding over.  

We all know the drill, one project begets another...looks like me and Mr.Miller 140 will be gettin' busy in prep for blast and paint.  :p

Last edited by a moderator: