What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I swapped out a 4 bolt rear end with a 8" rear end on my 69. Also cleaned off most the bolts and parts from my engine. Preping it all to be nice and clean for when engine reassembly comes.

Cleaned out the garage AGAIN!!!. Don at OMS gave me a great idea to start removing the 72 from the bay and make room to get back to the project. If all works out well I should have half of it gone tomorrow!

Somewhat installed the interior quarter trim panels, fold down rear seat and package tray, and passenger seat. I say somewhat because I purposefully left out some screws because it will all come out again when the weather improves, so I can try to fix and paint the interior panels.

I'm so tired of it being in pieces laying around the garage.

Tore down the AM radio that I ordered (d3za-18806). exterior/interior of the unit looks very good. When I get time this weekend I'll clean everything up and test it..

Need to get pictures but today I changed the front passenger side from Drum to Disk brakes. Just need a new brake line and that will be all set. I have to do the drivers later today or tomorrow. I will have my camera so will take pictures. Thanks to Mike who helped me with telling me what parts I could steal from the 72 to go on the 69

Need to get pictures but today I changed the front passenger side from Drum to Disk brakes. Just need a new brake line and that will be all set. I have to do the drivers later today or tomorrow. I will have my camera so will take pictures. Thanks to Mike who helped me with telling me what parts I could steal from the 72 to go on the 69
If you go to www.getdiscbrakes.com and find the replacement lines you need you can contact a good freind of mine Denny who is an independent distributor for Right Stuff pre bent lines and auto parts. He'll beat any price you find on the net. Contact him through his e-mail at evans9633@bellsouth.

Just let him know the part# and he'll qoute you a price. Check him out.

If you go to www.getdiscbrakes.com and find the replacement lines you need you can contact a good freind of mine Denny who is an independent distributor for Right Stuff pre bent lines and auto parts. He'll beat any price you find on the net. Contact him through his e-mail at evans9633@bellsouth.

Thanks I will definitely do that.

Some pictures.

29bym2c.jpg

2u7b0uo.jpg

34zeoup.jpg

2s163hz.jpg

Thanks I will definitely do that.

Some pictures.

29bym2c.jpg

2u7b0uo.jpg

34zeoup.jpg

2s163hz.jpg
I redid all my brake, fuel lines and clips. He saved me over anywhere I could find and they lined right up perfect

I doscovered one of my tyres was almost flat (but only on the bottom- ussually works this way). Would not air up until I took it off the car adn let the valve stem warm up a bit since it appears ice was preventing the air from getting in.

Lot less hassle than yesterday where I decied to brave the cold and put in a clutch fan that I had bought. After a long hassle discovered that they had sold me a fan that was too big and this would not fit in the fan shroud, so I put everything back like it was and called up Advance Auto and expressed displeasure. They told me they would exchange the wrong size fan for the proper one wven though I tried installing it.

I doscovered one of my tyres was almost flat (but only on the bottom- ussually works this way). Would not air up until I took it off the car adn let the valve stem warm up a bit since it appears ice was preventing the air from getting in.

Lot less hassle than yesterday where I decied to brave the cold and put in a clutch fan that I had bought. After a long hassle discovered that they had sold me a fan that was too big and this would not fit in the fan shroud, so I put everything back like it was and called up Advance Auto and expressed displeasure. They told me they would exchange the wrong size fan for the proper one wven though I tried installing it.
I don't think I have ever gone to Advance without having to back for 1 reason or another. I've been boycotting and sometimes waiting an extra day at the local parts store.

Finally got a chance to work on mine again after the shop was closed for the holidays.

Checked and repaired the rest of the underhood harness, got my brake lines, proportioning valve, and master cylinder sorted out. The lines got bent a little out of shape when I put them in the car which caused me to bend them some more to get the valve and MC installed... looked a little 'too ghetto' for my linking, so I redid everything and now everything's better.

Gonna move into the dashboard harness tomorrow, and see what's up there.

Pretty much got the door edge dialed in today..It was a ton of work..Mostly all by hand with a file...Just a touch left to do on the fender..There's a very good chance I'm going to finish the edges using lead...Possible Future video

101_0041.JPG101_0042.JPG101_0043.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I have ever gone to Advance without having to back for 1 reason or another. I've been boycotting and sometimes waiting an extra day at the local parts store.
I prefer AutoZone. Have had moxed results with Advance, bought the fan from them since I had a $20 off coupon that made tham by far the cheapest and try to avoid O'Reillys if at all possible. They sodl me the wrong valley pan gasket a few years back got the 4 barrell one for a 2 barrell engine took it back and had to force the guy there to look it up in the gasket makers aer book and get me the right one- the book just had Ford 351 c 2 barrell had one part 4 barrell another. EVERY application in O'Reillys computer gave the 4 barrell one listed. I told them it might be wise to change it and as of last summer they had not (I asked just for shits and grins and the guy who fixed the problme was the one who looked it up). Other bad experience was on an electronic fuel pump that goes in the gas tnak I had someone do the work when the vehicle was towed in the sop. I had to have it towed in to other places 3 more times (I was on the road)to replace the same problem they covered the part and was told by one guy at O'Reillys that I should get a labour refund. Inquried and sent in all the paperwork and was todld I might not get it all back but at least I would get some of it in 4-6 weeks. A couple momths later I stopped at the store that did the original sale and the manager told me I was not going to get anything since that money would come out of his bonus! I still have some lifetime parts from them so go back to get warranty work from them, but otherwise only reason I go there is if they can get something that no one else can or they have a far better price on something.

Started to rebuild my 4300d carburetor. Had to order two kits since they both say they were used for the 4300d but only one had the correct gasket . So far so good its all cleaned up and linkages are all back on just finishing up the tuning

Hi,

Those days, not too much done. Removed the bushing pilot from the flywheel with a homemade tool.

And also order 2 stainless steel Flowmaster 40 series, waiting for them the time they fly over the Atlantic :)

SAM_0293.JPG

SAM_0294.JPG

SAM_0295.JPG

Back