What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on my new timing light to arrive, so did one of my planned side projects. Added a rear camera-rear view mirror. It can split screen front and back, or just do back, or just do front. Can be tied into reverse lights also. Can record HD video to the 132GB Micro SD Card. Has GPS based vehicle speed. A security feature that starts recording if the car is rocked or bumped also. I really like it. Was about $100 on Amazon if I remember right. I can get the info if anyone is interested.

Off

On

Wire down from headliner

Rear location. Went out the same hole as the license plate light. No drilling.

Yes Please!  I'm tired of my Pyle Audio monitor - it's too big and clunky.  This looks a LOT nicer!

Oh, and took the Mustang out for spin and safety inspection yesterday. Passed, of course, and got the attention of some retired Sheriff's Deputies at my favorite local car wash (went by to see how long they were open to get the wife's car done). "Accidentally" did a little burn-out leaving the place - the owner later told me his friends he was talking to when I went by were retired Deputies and they thought it was pretty cool, actually. Must've been OK, since nobody tracked me down to talk about it. LOL!

I like that !!!!!  A lot.  Im doing this cause I cant see Sh*@  stuff :)

Please share camera-rear view mirror order #s  Thank you for helpin out!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a picture of your favorite mustang? Let us see how shiny you got it.

Final adjustments on the Duraspark system I installed over the last month or so. I completed the re-curve of the distributor and verified the timing is correct. I then re-adjusted the passenger side window to stop the dreaded weatherstrip whistle while waiting for anti-rattle clips for the driver side.

Its amazing how much you can get done while staying home.....

Thanks, Jay

Hopefully get some more welds on my rear floorpan tonight. Just gotta get home before dark and before the rain, so I am able to do some hammering and grinding early and the neighbors don't have to hear me and the kiddos don't get woke up.

I want to get started on the cowl but don 't want to start cutting before I'm done with the floor. One thing at a time.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Put a new battery in my Mach 1. I stopped and grabbed a pizza on the way home from a drive the other day. When I came back out to start the car it barely turned over. I got a jump from some guys that were in the parking lot, and they even had cables! Lol

It’s been acting up a bit ever since the end of last year. Plus I have more compression with my new engine build from last year too. The battery was in the car when I bought it 6 years ago and it’s actually 8 years old, so it is time for a new one. Not getting stranded somewhere again.

I bought a battery from NAPA and made sure it was made in USA.

Put a new master cylinder on "Heavy Metal"......of coarse I need n adapter fitting for the rear brake line.

The rear fitting in new master cylinder is 3/8-24 and the OEM line is 7/16-24.....gotta love it.

Some days you need patience......and alot of beer..... ::beer::

Well that sucks!  Anyone know how to remove the vinyl stripes?  Trunk stripe went on crooked.  My fault.

So I did a couple of things wrong,

1) I didn't add enough Dawn to my spray bottle for enough decal slip

2) I didn't align the trunk stripe the end cap stripes before applying the trunk stripe. Ended up wandering up higher on the drivers side of the deck lid.

3) I didn't watch the outside temperature or weather.  So it got really windy and made it tough to keep the long trunk stripe wet enough to align.

So I ended up using a heat gun and patience to remove the trunk stripe.  Need to order a replacement.  Not sure if I should pay a bodyshop to apply from here, or see if I learned my lesson.

Kcmash
If you just take your time and get them hung in place from the top edge of the backing material you can do it. I would not do outside just because of the wind. Once you get them hung with masking tape check and double check before you pull the backing. The soap solution is only way to ever move them if a dry surface and they touch they are stuck. Longer stripes you need a helper someone to peel the backing while you hold it. Think about putting a screaming chicken on a firebird hood.
I watched that video of the Firechicken install on youtube.  I thought this would be easier.

Where should I get my replacement stripes?  Since I screwed up this trunk stripe.  The Mach 1 Logos went nicely. Need to get replacement argent stripes for the Trunk and 1/4 caps.

I am really worried about a top end hang for the 90 degree decals.(Front of front fenders and 1/4 caps.  I think i have a better soap mix now.  I was outside for the sun and heat to help.  I have learned my lesson now.  Next attempt (if I do it) will be in the center garage bay with a full day to hang and double check.  May have a challenge finding reliable help.

Videos on line tape the long stripes with a hinge on the lower edge  for the long stripes.  that way gravity works for you as you peel the backing.  Your thoughts on that?
I have only put stripes on 65 and 1984 but same situation. I do not understand why you would come up and not down. I had them hanging down got all lined up put the soap on and pulled backing and brought the stripes down into position and wiped them on with squeegee. 

I was on ebay today and saw just the trunk stripes there might be what you need.

Today i tig welded my rusty battery tray, put in a new red top optima, and fired it up for the first time in probably 2 yrs.
How did she run? hopefully Like a scared cat  :D.

Big milestone for me today.  Got the rear seat in.  What a pia.  Only have the back side of the passenger seat to reupholster and the door panels then the interior is DONE!  ::thumb::

Big milestone for me today.  Got the rear seat in.  What a pia.  Only have the back side of the passenger seat to reupholster and the door panels then the interior is DONE!  ::thumb::

AHH....... now thats purdy. Is the bucket stripes factory color? Mine is vermillion red with black stripes. Still savin to get them thar covers for Sallys car :) I bet your excited to get the inside done? I know, I am.

AHH....... now thats purdy. Is the bucket stripes factory color? Mine is vermillion red with black stripes. Still savin to get them thar covers for Sallys car :) I bet your excited to get the inside done? I know, I am.
 Yes they are. TMI vermillion.  Almost there.  I have doing reupholstering but I'm almost done.  I'm about 2 weeks away from being completely done with the car.

Kilgon.......Wish I was 2 weeks away from completion. Sounds like you need a road trip? Come on out to beautiful Idaho for a fudge sunday. I'll buy ;-)

Struggling to get the door windows adjusted properly to stop the dreaded air whistle. I think I am close......

Now for a little road trip with my lovely to see our beautiful daughter.

Thanks, Jay

Back