What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Struggling to get the door windows adjusted properly to stop the dreaded air whistle. I think I am close......

Now for a little road trip with my lovely to see our beautiful daughter.

Thanks, Jay

Got my H pipe on along with a glass pack on each side before the muffler.

As usual on my back wishing I was 20 years younger.  :D   And yes the girls in the neighborhood are hotter now days compare to when I was 20 years younger! lollerz

Got my H pipe on along with a glass pack on each side before the muffler.

As usual on my back wishing I was 20 years younger.  :D   And yes the girls in the neighborhood are hotter now days compare to when I was 20 years younger! lollerz
Hey girls .... are you impressed? ... look at Kilgon's HUGE pipe   ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
No pics here but I replaced my headlight switch, replaced the cluster lights with LEDs and replaced the bulbs behind the switches in the lower dash. I didn't know there were lights there until I replaced the headlight switch. LOL!!!

Got the horns to work. (Plugged them in)

Fixed the brake light switch problem.  (Put the retainer clip in)

Did some diagnosis on the steering box problem.

Screwed up my carb settings.  Its running like crap now!

kcmash

I took the car out first drive in years , pulled into the parking lot to get beer and heard the loudest bang which was something in the dif deciding it didnt want to live anymore. Bummer about the diff but pretty happy i got it running.

I spent Saturday under the dash working on the inop blower motor. I pulled the blower motor and resistor from the heater box and found the power wire to the motor cooked near the resistor end. The terminal on the resistor was severely rusted and caused enough resistance to insulate the connection. I clipped a bit from the wire and replaced the terminal on the motor and cleaned the rust from the resistor terminal with some sandpaper. It works great now. After thinking about it a couple of times yesterday I decided to order a replacement resistor. Easier to do while the seat is already out. I'm not going anywhere this week anyway... LOL!

Finally got out to finish welding in my floor pan. Ran out of wire though, so I guess I gotta wait until the weekend.

Been a few years since I last welded and it took a while to make anything that looked half decent. I guess it doesn't matter, nobody is gonna see this anyways and its plenty strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got out to finish welding in my floor pan. Ran out of wire though, so I guess I gotta wait until the weekend.

Been a few years since I last welded and it took a while to make anything that looked half decent. I guess it doesn't matter, nobody is gonna see this anyways and its plenty strong.

Do you plan to join all those spot welds together?

Did  you keep the fuel line in place when you welded the pan to the rocker?

When I do overlap joints, I do not make a continuous bead all the way around the perimeter.  Takes forever. I usually punch holes around the perimeter of the replacement panel spaced about an inch or so apart and do plug/rosette welds. Then seam seal the top and bottom seam. The plug welds will be plenty strong. 

You can keep the fuel line in place. You may want to pull it down slightly so its not resting on the area you are welding.

Did  you keep the fuel line in place when you welded the pan to the rocker?

When I do overlap joints, I do not make a continuous bead all the way around the perimeter.  Takes forever. I usually punch holes around the perimeter of the replacement panel spaced about an inch or so apart and do plug/rosette welds. Then seam seal the top and bottom seam. The plug welds will be plenty strong. 

You can keep the fuel line in place. You may want to pull it down slightly so its not resting on the area you are welding.
Car is 100% stripped down so don't have to worry about fuel lines.
I did actually plug weld it in a few spots to hold it in place and I know it would be strong enough if I just did that all the way around, however I did the other side this way when I was less experienced and I want them to match.

Only have maybe two more times around to fill in the gaps anyways.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Did you keep the fuel line in place when you welded the pan to the rocker?
Yes I just keep going around until all the gaps are filled.
No fuel lines on the car, car is stripped down.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back