What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider it done! And pray for the best for your freind. Continued working on the parts for the panel. Basically bummed around on it.
Mark, are you doing a butt type weld or lap joint? Doc, tell the old boy we are all pulling for him!
Doing a lap joint. Got a tool coming from Summitt that Q recommended to make the lip. Sure am learning some stuff from this bunch that I would have never even thought of attempting until now!

You all better hurry I get off in about 20 min, so after that get in line again:p
That's right Roy!!! Fill the tank and I'll be down too! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well folks picked the car up and look what was sitting in the parking lot!!!!

Car seems to have a low rpm mis to it, but wind her up a little and WOW. Think I need stickier tires:huh: 4 gears and spun through 3 and had to let up in the 4th to stop:huh: But was fun anyways. Stopped at the BP to fill up with 93 and a little guy and his wife pulled up in a malibu I think and was staring as he pumped gas and finally said "man that is a beautiful car, but sure you get that all the time" I smiled and said actually this is my first stop I just picked her up, So thank you.

shelby.jpg

Well folks picked the car up and look what was sitting in the parking lot!!!!

Car seems to have a low rpm mis to it, but wind her up a little and WOW. Think I need stickier tires:huh: 4 gears and spun through 3 and had to let up in the 4th to stop:huh: But was fun anyways. Stopped at the BP to fill up with 93 and a little guy and his wife pulled up in a malibu I think and was staring as he pumped gas and finally said "man that is a beautiful car, but sure you get that all the time" I smiled and said actually this is my first stop I just picked her up, So thank you.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Well Done!

Congrats Roy. I know how it feels to drive it the first time after the work is done. Can´t beat that. I´m glad for you man! ::beer::

Consider it done! And pray for the best for your freind. Continued working on the parts for the panel. Basically bummed around on it.
Mark, are you doing a butt type weld or lap joint? Doc, tell the old boy we are all pulling for him!
Doing a lap joint. Got a tool coming from Summitt that Q recommended to make the lip. Sure am learning some stuff from this bunch that I would have never even thought of attempting until now!

Mark you don't need to make a lip on floor pans

Don

I pulled the cowl cover back off, and finished the bottom last night. Guess Dynacorn is going to wait until we all finish our cars to come out with a cowl. Oh well....

Here are a couple of before and after shots. What a relief!!!

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3478.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

DSC06204.JPG

DSC06203.JPG

I pulled the cowl cover back off, and finished the bottom last night. Guess Dynacorn is going to wait until we all finish our cars to come out with a cowl. Oh well....

Looks great! and familiar, I don't have mine apart yet but can tell what it looks like from underdash...

Looks great! and familiar,
X 2 Nice Job & Glad I'm past that too ! I would recommend rust bullet or epoxy primer on the inside of the lower & top BEFORE its welded back together..& epoxy seam sealer around the hat to lower joint.

Ok I know some of you will be jealous, but look what i found when i took the cowl cover off.

Not bad eh!

I guess i have to get lucky once in a while.

Jan 13 001.JPG

Jan 13 002.JPG

so now my cowl issues are just about resolved

Jan 2012 005.JPG

Dec 2011 005.JPG

Thanks for the compliments. I need to dress the top, then I plan to use Eastwood rust encapsulator on both pieces, I've had good luck with it in the past. I cleaned both parts as best I could, but there are still some pitts, so I'm hoping that will keep it down.

Ok I know some of you will be jealous, but look what i found when i took the cowl cover off.

Not bad eh!

I guess i have to get lucky once in a while.

so now my cowl issues are just about resolved

Wow! You are definitely ahead of the game! Nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments. I need to dress the top, then I plan to use Eastwood rust encapsulator on both pieces, I've had good luck with it in the past. I cleaned both parts as best I could, but there are still some pitts, so I'm hoping that will keep it down.
Umm bad move on the rust encapsulator hoping it takes care of it & knowing it takes care of it are 2 different things..You've invested so much time & effort why take a chance ? Take some encapsulator on a piece of metal..scratch an x in the metal..put it in a bucket of salt water for a month..tell me how it looks after that..

Umm bad move on the rust encapsulator hoping it takes care of it & knowing it takes care of it are 2 different things..You've invested so much time & effort why take a chance ? Take some encapsulator on a piece of metal..scratch an x in the metal..put it in a bucket of salt water for a month..tell me how it looks after that..
I have to +1 on this as well,

this is the hardest spot to get at on the whole car and if you get leak here your floor pans will be not far behind.

if you can get this blasted and epoxy sealed it will last another 40 years.

Wow! Nice job, Man! And thanks for the pics of what the cowl's insides are supposed to look like (reference shots are always welcome).

Today, I pulled the windshield and opened up my cowl. I guess we can add me to the ranks of those who got the windshield out 'broken.' No worries - I forgot to cover it when I was grinding the floor and stuff, so it was junked anyway.

Here's where I am now. Gonna make my patches out of the 'new' firewall/cowl pieces I scored from the donor car tomorrow after some more stripping and cleaning (Yes, I guess I'll take the wipers and linkage off as well...).

384057_345623762115215_100000027814872_1332229_491809660_n.jpg

I ran the stripping wheel down to a nub on the windshield channel part and forward dash support area, hoping that it's just surface rust... and it is - so that should clean up pretty well, too. Glad I followed Scott's advice and just pulled the windshield (I really had nothing to lose anyway).

After having a true traditional Friday the 13th at work yesterday. It was a welcome pleasure that a few freinds came by just to check on the progress and shoot the bull. Cold as ice down here by our standards and just did some frame sanding and prep for the floor TGIS 14th.

Drove to the car show, parked way out ILLEGALLY, Drove some more, actually got on the interstate and a guy and girl in a new charger (girl driving) giving me two thumbs up, then they pulled about 2 car lengths up and the window came down and he was actually hanging out the window from the waste up making sure I seen him giving me the thumbs up:D Stopped by the garage and drove some more then tucked her away in the garage.

Back