What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
After chasing down the missing parts, and chasing my tail on a few things, it’s finally done and ready to go back in.

IMG_20220320_160451785_HDR.jpg

That steering wheel nut (top) acted like it didn’t want to go on, but after chasing down alternatives for the past few weeks, I finally just threaded it on and used a set of Vise Grips to run it down. It resisted (like I was cross threading it) for a few turns, but then ran down smoothly. When I pulled it back off, there was no damage to the threads. That rusty dust on the locking plate must be the stuff that had built-up and fought me through it all. Glad THAT’S done.

IMG_20220320_175445123_HDR-rotated.jpg

Got the wheel on! I had to ‘customize’ the Grant adapter kit to make it all work, but then again that seems to be the norm (I just hope the horn’s not blaring when I connect up the power – LOL!). Also epoxied the shifter knob on and made a new indicator needle. The indicator housing was missing a small plastic bit that locks it into place, but apparently a 3/4″ sheet rock screws works just fine (and will never be seen, anyway).

IMG_20220320_175538679_HDR.jpg

I made an indicator needle out of a piece of 3Doodler stock. I drilled a hole through the stock needle piece where its needle extension had broken off, and stuffed the 3Doodler stock into it, then cut to length. Hopefully, it’ll last awhile. It’s translucent so it might even light up with the dash lights… we’ll see, I guess.

IMG_20220320_175606261_HDR-rotated.jpg

All done! Ready to go back in – Yay!

Next up: install and wire a Holley Mighty Mite electric 'lift' fuel pump and start working on the Lokar shifter & kick down cables, ATF cooling lines, service the transmission & T-Case, install the T-Case shifter along with the floor plate & boot, then I should almost be done underneath to get ready for the exhaust.

Bentworker

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
Picked up a project I have known about for 30+ years. Toyota 18R-GU engine which is a bit of a unicorn. I plan on it being a back burner project over the next couple years.

Attachments

• 61C06B62-2A10-4C41-89C4-DD9457A135A3.jpeg
    61C06B62-2A10-4C41-89C4-DD9457A135A3.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5

92GTS-R

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 302 V8
Wife has me repairing cracked brick walls and redecorating the Bedroom, I did property maintenance for a living and didn't enjoy it, when my financial advisor said I could take early retirement I jumped at it and closed the business, Now I get to do the same crap in my Home but the worst part is I no longer get paid for it! Thats not the retirement dream I thought I was going to have!:confused:

Aus73Mach1

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Sports Roof.
Q code. 351-4V
C6 Auto, 3.25 Rear Axle, AC, Power steering.
Took the GTV6 for a run now that we have dried out after floods. Over 1,000mm of rain over 2 weeks. I'm a bit concerned as I have now lived through three, one hundred year rain events here in SE Qld, 1974, 2011 and again this year. 😃

20210613_135222_001.jpg

giantpune

Reaction score
I've got a project that hopefully ends with me getting a new shop with a couple bays and a lift.

To build the garage, I need the permit. To get the permit, I need to make zoning happy. Zoning wants me to get rid of my current shed before I can build a shop the size garage I want. I'm going to tow the old shed to my mom's house. I have to get rid of my mom's old dilapidated shed to make a spot for the new one.

So today was cutting up the old building with an angle grinder and a sawzall and tossing it and its contents in a trailer to go to the landfill. I'm making a trip to the landfill to dump the trailer in the mornings before work. I'll probably end up with 2 or 3 more trips to the landfill in order to get this old building cleared out.
Meanwhile I'm doing other things like making plans for the building and researching lifts. And at some point, I have to get my hands on a tractor with a box blade or something along those lines to start grading a flat spot.