What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned the primordial soup that is in the pool.  Over-filled it, skimmed all the floaties, back-flushed and rinsed twice, cleaned the skimmers about 3 times each, super-shocked the water, and scrubbed the sides/floor with the long brush.  There are still a bunch of leaves in the bottom, but I'll have to wait for the water to clear before I can actually see to the bottom to fish 'em out.   :whistling:

Man, that is bad-ass.  I almost have to hate you a little bit now... but meant in the nicest possible way, of course.  rofl

Nice rig! ::thumb::

I picked up a pretty hard to find early 5" S&W M610 10mm with 1800 rounds of ammo from an old friend. I bought the piece for him in 1993. Heading out to shoot it tomorrow.

I handloaded some rounds for my 416 Remington for this falls cape buffalo/sable hunt in Zimbabwe.

Saturday, I picked up the things I need to build a floating platform for my new 15x8 shed/workshop (OK - more like just some shelves and a nice area to set up my airbrush and not have to take it all down when I'm done with a project).  The side of my driveway is considered a utility easement, and we're not allowed to build permanent structures there... so, as long as the shed is on a non-permanent foundation, no worries (yeah, like half my neighborhood who simply paved theirs so they could jam more cars into their driveways aren't breaking the rules or anything... :whistling:  )

Sunday - rained like a big dog.

Next weekend will be the 'shed-raising.'

Sanded drywall in basement. Applied more mud, sanded again, repeated one more time. Now it is ready for primer and paint then I can put down the floor, toilet and sink, and hang the door and bathroom will be complete!! Did I ever mention how much I despise drywall.

My other money pit is my old 82 Jeep Cherokee:

I have it set up for offroad adventure. It has a 401 from an early 70's Jav, a two speed Atlas transfer case and a dana 60/14 bolt FF axle. It's a totally different project than the Mustang. While both are rather modified the mustang modification are more subtle. With the Jeep I just do whatever to make it more for off road and camping.

One thing we do when wheeling is 'air down' our tires. I shoot for 10 to 12 lbs. There are three advantages to having the tires aired down. First, it makes the bumpy trails and 'wash board' more comfortable. Second it really helps grip when going over obsticles. And third, it's harder to pop a low pressure tire. Think of how easy it is to pop a full ballon compared to one that has leaked out a bunch of air.

But at the end of the trail you need to add air back in. So I finally bought a fancy air compressor. I was looking for a place to mount it and it occured to me the space below the to of the roll bar wasn't being used. So I got a piece of 1/4" aluminum and added two 1/8" aluminum L brackets to support and now I have a great place to mount things. My compressor is bolted on and I have the mount for my ham radio in place as well.

It was a lot of work but worth the effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Visiting my Father in NorCal for most of the week. I fly home tomorrow. Hate to leave him, more than happy to leave NorCal...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my rental property needs attention since my renters of the last 4 years decide to up and leave in the middle of the night!

Luckily they were not more than a couple of weeks late on the rent.  But now that they have moved out I am forced to deal with the trash and discovery of damage to my property.

Frustrating but they are not worth the legal hassle to try and recover.

So instead of investing in my pride and joy Mustangs I am repairing and putting money into this property.

YOU ASKED!  :whistling:

Thanks for listening! :cool:

Ray

Well my rental property needs attention since my renters of the last 4 years decide to up and leave in the middle of the night!

Luckily they were not more than a couple of weeks late on the rent.  But now that they have moved out I am forced to deal with the trash and discovery of damage to my property.

Frustrating but they are not worth the legal hassle to try and recover.

So instead of investing in my pride and joy Mustangs I am repairing and putting money into this property.

YOU ASKED!  :whistling:

Thanks for listening! :cool:

Ray
Sucks doesn't it. It is a never ending battle. We have about 1000 units we manage so you can image. I feel your pain.

Been working away on my rusty crusty 82' GMC.  Finally installing crossover high steering with hydraulic assist.  Problem is my pickup is pretty low for a "trail" rig and I like it that way.  Too much steering stuff trying to fit in one small place.  Think I finally have the puzzle figured out.  Only thing I am bummed about is that I have to install bigger bump stops to keep the tie rod from hitting the oil pan.

Back