What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built a platform for an 8x15 plastic storage shed on the side of the driveway, so I can get some stuff out of the garage and set up my airbrush workbench.

P82A0097.JPG

P82A0098.JPG

More pictures to come - it was getting dark when we finished this evening.

Well I am in the Navy and currently underway, so nothing has been done to my car for the better part of the last nine months. Got a bunch of new parts and some work to do when I get home. Just in time for summer!

I finished the last of the preparations to be ready to dyno the Boss 302 for my Cougar on Tuesday. I hope all goes well. Chuck

I finished the last of the preparations to be ready to dyno the Boss 302 for my Cougar on Tuesday. I hope all goes well. Chuck
GOOD LUCK CHUCK!  ::thumb::

Knowing you and how you build motors - luck has very little to do with it.  You check the details.

Now maybe the luck part is with the component manufacturers you choose.

Wishing the best. 

For those that have not seen this beautiful car ----

Chucks Cougar.jpg

Ray

Got the shed about 95% complete - still need to install the door hardware, a tool shelf, and gable vents.  For now, I just zip-tied the doors closed - I'll deal with the hardware this weekend... I'm burned.  What a job.

P82A0099.JPG

Someone mentioned something about these plastic buildings being called 'kites' in the tornado belt. I'm here to tell ya - this sucker is solid. The whole thing as shipped was 780 lbs - I figure the shed itself is somewhere in the neighborhood of 720 lbs itself, not to mention it's in a well-protected area of the yard. I'm anchoring it to the platform with 3/8" lag bolts, so it shouldn't go anywhere once I start loading in some stuff. The big thing is that I can walk through the doors and stand up inside without worrying about whacking my head on anything.

The biggest reason for the location, and not laying down a proper slab foundation is because it's technically the utility easement for our house, and we're not supposed to build anything permanent there.

Traveled to Bora Bora this week with the family. It's our 25th anniversary this year and we do a big trip every 5 years just to keep in touch with each other. First time the kids came with, but they are getting older and before we know it they will have their lives keeping them busy. The kids fly out tonight and we will travel to another island to see some new sights. It has been a great experience in paradise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knowing you and how you build motors - luck has very little to do with it.  You check the details.

Wishing the best. 

Ray
Man....do I have a soft spot for those Cougar Eliminators, and my favorite color blue! What a beautiful cat! Ray, do you know if that an original G code Cougar?

Wishing the best. 

Ray
Man....do I have a soft spot for those Cougar Eliminators, and my favorite color blue! What a beautiful cat! Ray, do you know if that an original G code Cougar?
Steve, It is an original G code Eliminator. It has been in my care since 1982. I've owned and sold many cars since 1982 but the Eliminator has always stayed. I like the Bright Blue Metallic as well.  Chuck

Chuck that is sure one to hang on to. A friend of mine owned a Lincoln/Mercury dealership and always used to bring cars like that by where I worked just to drive me crazy. But with the expenses I incurred beating my 429 Torino and Mach1 to death didn't leave much $$ left for something as nice as your Cougar. I know I'm not telling you something you don't already know, but most of the Eliminator's where I was were 428's, so your G code is certainly a rare cat! Well done!!

Yesterday, played at Fort Concho for the Regional Cavalry Competition Parade and Frontier Day... and not a whole lot else.  Today, mowed the lawn and cleaned the pool.  Gotta head out of town tomorrow for a week.  Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do something fun with the Mustang next weekend.

Got up early Sunday and drove from Nashville to Tuscaloosa

Went to the Alabama spring Scrimmage/A day game

Ate dinner at Nicks in the Sticks

Spent Sunday at Barber watching the Honda Indy car race

Drove home, through the rain and got in at 8:30pm and had a late dinner

I did buy main and rod bearings, so that counts.. but I made a set of crucible tongs to use with my new graphite crucible. I have been experimenting with backyard aluminum casting using green sand and this is a major upgrade for me since I can melt a lot more metal at once. I have a 3d printer to make plugs for molds and have never attempted a 2 part mold. I will try something this week.

Back