What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a couple tough days. I had got my mom a pup years ago that we think was now 18. I also have a snouser miniature that is 4. They were playing on Friday morning as they do every day. The old pup was a female and he is male. She raised him from 8 weeks trained him to go outside and worked out great. Well I take them outside just before bed and she starts having issues. She was blind and deaf but she knows the home and yard and it is all fenced. 

So Friday night I did not sleep. She was struggling to breath very shallow and fast so I knew congestive heart failure was probably setting in. Saturday morning I took them outside and she usually comes to the door and scratches to come in but nothing. So I go out and she is lying in the grass breathing hard. 

I spent the day holding her putting her at water bowl and she would drink and I would take outside. She would not eat so I fried her favorite bacon and she ate a piece. 

She use to lay in my mom's lap for hours she had Alzheimer's. She always slept on my bed and would wake me when Mom would get up during the night.

When I would get my rifle out she would do donuts because she knew we were going hunting. She could track a wounded squirrel, ground hog or turkey and when she found them would start to try to bury them. 

So I held her and she began to howl and she passed at 1:30 this morning. I will bury her with some of her favorite toys beside the garage. She use to be with me when working on my cars and she loved to go for ride in the vert. 

The other pup kept walking around the bed last night looking for her. This morning he went everywhere looking for her. I have her in laundry and showed him he does not understand why she has not come to play with him. So sad she was the best little 6 lb. pup ever. When I lived in China a friend took care of her. She had a pit bull and they became best friends. This tiny little pup would stand on her hind legs and bite the pit bull on the neck and go running around her legs and bite on the leg. They would sleep together. My daughter use to keep her some and she was best friends with a cat there. 

She would not let nurse of anyone get close to my mom would have to take her in another room to be able to check her out. You could not get near me or she would attack. 

Her name was Prissy from the way she walked so prissy.

Pups are like car one is not enough so will see what I can find this week for a new friend for Whiskers to have fun with.
Sorry to hear the bad news. Thank fully you spent the time with her before she went one to dog heaven. We become so attached to our dogs. I think I cried more over my dogs death than my kids leaving home :) We have 3 urns with our life long dogs on the mantle. Take care David!!  

This saying always sticks in my mind.

If I was half the man my dog thinks I am? then Im really something.

Wow........That looks really good!!

I drove meals around town for people who are stuck indoors due to covid-19. A colleague of mine is a chef and he and his girlfriend have set up this charity to help out folks who are too vulnarable to go out shopping and have no one to look after them. I was happy delivering, pity I couldn't do it in my Mustang. Maybe there will be another pandemic in about 10 years when it's ready ;-)

PS: David, very sorry to read about your dog :-(

I think I have done everything besides work on the Mustang.

Work on the rototiller- Check.

Build a go kart for the kids - Check.

Weed the yard - Check.

Work on the garden beds - Check.

Work on my 82’ GMC pickup - Check.

Work on my lathe - Check.

Clean the garage - Check.

Work on the kids bicycles - Check.

Put the Summer the tires on the cars - Check.

Serviced the lawnmower - Check.

Worked on other random projects -Check.

Constantly pester the kids to do their schoolwork - Check.

Cleaned up the Dart today. A vacuum and a spray and wipe exterior.

eRhbcZB.jpg

I drove meals around town for people who are stuck indoors due to covid-19. A colleague of mine is a chef and he and his girlfriend have set up this charity to help out folks who are too vulnarable to go out shopping and have no one to look after them. I was happy delivering, pity I couldn't do it in my Mustang. Maybe there will be another pandemic in about 10 years when it's ready ;-)

PS: David, very sorry to read about your dog :-(
It's is people like you that bring some sunshine and joy into this world during these rough times.  There a special place for you in Mustang heaven.  :thankyouyellow:

I had a couple tough days. I had got my mom a pup years ago that we think was now 18. I also have a snouser miniature that is 4. They were playing on Friday morning as they do every day. The old pup was a female and he is male. She raised him from 8 weeks trained him to go outside and worked out great. Well I take them outside just before bed and she starts having issues. She was blind and deaf but she knows the home and yard and it is all fenced. 

So Friday night I did not sleep. She was struggling to breath very shallow and fast so I knew congestive heart failure was probably setting in. Saturday morning I took them outside and she usually comes to the door and scratches to come in but nothing. So I go out and she is lying in the grass breathing hard. 

I spent the day holding her putting her at water bowl and she would drink and I would take outside. She would not eat so I fried her favorite bacon and she ate a piece. 

She use to lay in my mom's lap for hours she had Alzheimer's. She always slept on my bed and would wake me when Mom would get up during the night.

When I would get my rifle out she would do donuts because she knew we were going hunting. She could track a wounded squirrel, ground hog or turkey and when she found them would start to try to bury them. 

So I held her and she began to howl and she passed at 1:30 this morning. I will bury her with some of her favorite toys beside the garage. She use to be with me when working on my cars and she loved to go for ride in the vert. 

The other pup kept walking around the bed last night looking for her. This morning he went everywhere looking for her. I have her in laundry and showed him he does not understand why she has not come to play with him. So sad she was the best little 6 lb. pup ever. When I lived in China a friend took care of her. She had a pit bull and they became best friends. This tiny little pup would stand on her hind legs and bite the pit bull on the neck and go running around her legs and bite on the leg. They would sleep together. My daughter use to keep her some and she was best friends with a cat there. 

She would not let nurse of anyone get close to my mom would have to take her in another room to be able to check her out. You could not get near me or she would attack. 

Her name was Prissy from the way she walked so prissy.

Pups are like car one is not enough so will see what I can find this week for a new friend for Whiskers to have fun with.

Sorry for your lost.  That's the problem with having pets, they become part of the family and we feel the pain when we loose them.   She will live on forever in your memory.

Made more fuse buss extenders: you know, the 3 prong plugs that go to the diagonal slot on the fuse box.

Hey! It was a slow day...

Finished oil painting ... it's "Junk" really... 

:whistling:

WoW.......thats awesome work!! I will never forget your past comment... I woz drunk :)  

You Da Man !!

Finished oil painting ... it's "Junk" really... 

:whistling:

WoW.......thats awesome work!! I will never forget your past comment... I woz drunk :)  

You Da Man !!
1sostatic,

It looks like you are living the life of a real artist.

playing guitar, painting with oil, inhaling the vapours of the colours from time to time, getting drunk.

please pay attention to your ears and do not imitate Van Gogh. :whistling:

Frank

Back