What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY, almost done with that damn kitchen remodel, just a few touch ups to do and I can FINALLY have some time to myself. It's been over a two month ordeal, but I must say it looks awesome. I just finished the backsplash yesterday and as the wifey is away in Florida with the kids, I have some time off for ME today. Here's just one pic of the  friggin glass Herring Bone pattern she chose where the gas stove goes. Doing that corner took some time, but looks great. So, just for a change, I'm going to install a couple of security cameras!!! Ok, I know, more work.

20211118_160903 (2).jpg

Instead of working on my Mustang I had to spend some of my very precious time at home while a sparky was replacing our fuseboard in preparation of installing an induction cooker (which will cost me more time surely). And in my garage I had to create an extra wall socket and also a wifi hotspot on my recently acquired internet connection. All fun but only managed to weld in 1 little patch. At least I did that...

Let me know what you think if your induction cooktop once you use it for a bit.  I’m thinking about getting one.
I had one for 7 months while I rented a house and I didn't like it one bit.  Once the scratches are deep enough into the glass, you'll never get rid of them.   For the past 30+ years, I had a conventional oven top (with burners) and aside from cleaning the pans, they worked OK.  My new (8 yo house) has gas, which is far superior to other cooktops.

I had one for 7 months while I rented a house and I didn't like it one bit.  Once the scratches are deep enough into the glass, you'll never get rid of them.   For the past 30+ years, I had a conventional oven top (with burners) and aside from cleaning the pans, they worked OK.  My new (8 yo house) has gas, which is far superior to other cooktops.
No doubt it will take some getting used to but the people I talked to who have one love theirs. Personally the thing I'm looking forward the most is cleaning it! Regarding scratches, you have to wonder how they got there. It's glass, you have to be careful not to scratch it. Keeping your stuff clean should help... Another thing to consider is that we are running out of gas. So I don't mind getting rid of gas especially since we rely on Russion gas and they love fucking about with it and using it as leverage in other issues.

Oh, and we have to get a new set of pans of course.

You can't beat a good blast of gas............. for cooking with that is! Gas all the way for me too. Besides, electricity here is too damned expensive.

No doubt it will take some getting used to but the people I talked to who have one love theirs. Personally the thing I'm looking forward the most is cleaning it! Regarding scratches, you have to wonder how they got there. It's glass, you have to be careful not to scratch it. Keeping your stuff clean should help... Another thing to consider is that we are running out of gas. So I don't mind getting rid of gas especially since we rely on Russion gas and they love fucking about with it and using it as leverage in other issues.

Oh, and we have to get a new set of pans of course.
Yeah- I have heard the newfangled induction cooktops are as fast or faster than gas, and offer the same temperature control.  Our gas range has had problems for years with the computer inside.  The display randomly displays abstract art, self cleaning function is defunct, temperature is as stable Kim Jong-IL.  I am prewired for an electric unit so I just might try it.  What brands do you have on that side of the pond?

Yeah- I have heard the newfangled induction cooktops are as fast or faster than gas, and offer the same temperature control.  Our gas range has had problems for years with the computer inside.  The display randomly displays abstract art, self cleaning function is defunct, temperature is as stable Kim Jong-IL.  I am prewired for an electric unit so I just might try it.  What brands do you have on that side of the pond?
Pfff, we have a lot of brands from ikea to AEG or Bosch. We bought a Dutch brand called ETNA. Mainly because it's one of the few ones that fit on top of a 60cm wide cupboard. It runs on 1,2 or 3 phase current and if on 1 phase it auto regulates power so you don't blow a fuse. I put in a 2 phase connection so we should be able to go full power.

PS: Had to laugh at the Kim remark :)

Let me know what you think if your induction cooktop once you use it for a bit.  I’m thinking about getting one.
Well, installed it last Saturday and already love it! Electricity is cheaper than gas here so that's a plus. But just wait until you have to boil water. A pan with tap water (which is rather cold here right now) will boil SO MUCH faster than on gas! We did buy new pots and pans out of one piece which helps. I also think it will give a more even spread of the heat (compared to a ring of flames) which is great when using big pans with like, fish fingers or stuff like that.

But I was most pleased about not blowing a fuse after doing the electrics myself ;-)

I take it you don't want me to check your shorts?  :classic_sad: :goodjob:

I take it you don't want me to check your shorts?  :classic_sad: :goodjob:
No thanks, I'm quite capable of checking my own shorts :)

Another thing we experienced last night when we cooked our first meal for 4, dunno if it's coz of these new pans of because the heat transfer is so much different, when we were done, we could tak the pans off without using mittens or anything coz the handles were not so hot. I love this cooker! But I'll shut up about it now ;-)

A few weeks ago, I finally got around to cleaning up the Jeep's engine bay and ordered a bunch of stuff to get the drive train back in the Jeep.  Hopefully, I'll make a big dent in it between now and 2022, since I'm on use/lose leave and the weather is supposed to be awesome until at least this time next week.  I went through the engine and everything actually looks really good, so I'm just going to clean it up and run-it.  If I have to pull it out at some point, so be it.

Here's the engine bay clean-up. I scrubbed it with some Purple Power, then hit it with the same 3M Rocker Texture and Duplicolor Black engine enamel I used on the inner fenders.  Looks a TON better, I think.

IMG_20211030_163342395_HDR-rotated.jpg

IMG_20211030_180952903_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211031_164110941_HDR-rotated.jpg

IMG_20211031_164209736_HDR.jpg

I'll get some more pics up soon as things start to happen (more than me just cleaning gunk off the engine).

A few weeks ago, I finally got around to cleaning up the Jeep's engine bay and ordered a bunch of stuff to get the drive train back in the Jeep.  Hopefully, I'll make a big dent in it between now and 2022, since I'm on use/lose leave and the weather is supposed to be awesome until at least this time next week.  I went through the engine and everything actually looks really good, so I'm just going to clean it up and run-it.  If I have to pull it out at some point, so be it.

Here's the engine bay clean-up. I scrubbed it with some Purple Power, then hit it with the same 3M Rocker Texture and Duplicolor Black engine enamel I used on the inner fenders.  Looks a TON better, I think.

I'll get some more pics up soon as things start to happen (more than me just cleaning gunk off the engine).
Now your nickname makes sense to me, Eric! That's looking good, great you made some progress  :thumb:

Now your nickname makes sense to me, Eric! That's looking good, great you made some progress  :thumb:
Sorry Man, I didn't even think that it would make people wonder.  Here's a shot of the Jeep under 'normal' circumstances (top off, shined up for a car show, having fun driving around topless - the Jeep, that is).  The sticker is from a 4x4 shop in Salt Lake City (where I grew up) that I would buy parts for my trucks over the years - I think they got absorbed by 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers, or something... so I'm keepin' the spirit alive.  A few of the 4x4 guys I run into online say they remember that place when they see the sticker.

ericjeep1[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back