What do you think it is worth?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible 351c 4v 4 speed

2013 Mustang Boss 302
well its worth what ever the person willing to pay the highest price is.

it is pretty optioned and its a pretty car.

to me its worth 15K because that is all i would be willing to spend on it.

I'm sure people will be willing to spend 25-35k on it. you could easily spend 50-70K restoring something so its up to the buyer.

I always think when I see these prices... "Bring me your worst car, give me the $92,000 less the purchase price. I'll give you back a dream car, I'll keep some cash and give you some back, and we'll both be happy."
BUT YOU CANNOT GIVE THEM RARITY

That is not a car you buy to drive

Rare or not, you can't take them to the grave with you. Why not drive it and enjoy it? To me these cars have become an expensive conversation piece. If I ever won had the money to own say a Boss9 I would surely drive it like ford intended, not to sit around a barn fire talking about how much money it's worth and the super low miles.

I get that low production models bring a premium price but problem is this guy will sit on this car for a long time because he thinks someone will maybe shell out an outrageous amount of money for it and eventually it finds it's way into a shack with a widowed old lady and rusted in half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always think when I see these prices... "Bring me your worst car, give me the $92,000 less the purchase price. I'll give you back a dream car, I'll keep some cash and give you some back, and we'll both be happy."
BUT YOU CANNOT GIVE THEM RARITY

That is not a car you buy to drive
mmmmm, if I pay that much for anything with wheels, it's gonna get driven. If I wanted a 92K rock I'd buy a diamond. Not driving a 429 powered convertible is likened to that moment when your butthole itches and your speaking in public.

Marti's book says that there were only 23 J code convertibles w/c6, and 9 with 4speeds.

I like it, but not at $92K. It scares me that they classify it as a driver. That leads me to believe that there are some issues that close inspection will uncover. At ~$30K assuming it checked out I would make it my driver any day of the week!

Guys, the 71-73 mustangs are really growing in popularity. And if I owned a 429 4V convertible in this good of shape, I would run you off with a .45 if you offered me 30K for it. I too would not own a car I can't drive so this would be a goner for sure cause you just couldn't risk ruining it in an accident.

I'm hoping that my "pretty rare" 1 of 176 M code 4 speed convertibles is worth a nice chunk of change some day. But I'm not counting on it and I'm SURELY not making a garage queen out of it. These cars are just way to fun to drive and enjoy.

Guys, the 71-73 mustangs are really growing in popularity. And if I owned a 429 4V convertible in this good of shape, I would run you off with a .45 if you offered me 30K for it. I too would not own a car I can't drive so this would be a goner for sure cause you just couldn't risk ruining it in an accident.
PLUS 1

People collect all kinds of stuff - including cars

I don't have nor want a garage queen, but other people do.

PLUS 1

People collect all kinds of stuff - including cars

I don't have nor want a garage queen, but other people do.
This is what we just celebrated here in the USA, freedom! If someone wants to sell it for $92k and eventually finds someone to pay. That is their freedom. Now it does irritate me that this type of activity drives the price up for 'similar' cars that are really just crap. But that is the great thing about freedom, I can tell the seller of the crap that they are selling crap!

To be honest, if I had the kind of money that buying a $92k car is a drop in the bucket. I would pay it and drive it. If I got bored or the car was less than stellar, I would sell it and move on (even if I sold it for the more reasonable $40k).

If I had money enough after buying some of my other 'dream cars' I might consider it. Seems a little high because even rare it isn't desirable (like a 70 convertible Shelby, everyone knows what they are). It's a great looking car. Seems solid. That 71 429 is tasty!

But I would drive it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back