What is the restrictor air door vacuum motor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadknot

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mach 1
I have been pitting together the AC heater vacuum controls and thought I had an extra wire. Turns out I am completely missing a whole vacuum motor. After searching i located a reman vacuum motor and learned that their a'l the same except for one. However the bolts run parallel with the motor so I think I'm missing the brackets on the heater box too. I'v circled the part I'm missing in the diagram.

mine was bent there are a couple different versions out there, what year is your build? The one for mine looked just like what you posted and I got it from classic auto air I believe, cougar parts catalog also has one that I think is the same, its generally listed as a vacuum actuator.

It's on a 71. I found this on eBay. And in my opinion looms like the bolt holes would match up and has the curve for the motor.

like a lot of things on these, if it looks right, you think its right, it might fill the need, pull the trigger, and if it doesn't fit resell it and note that its not that. That is unless the "Don" sees this post and tells you it wont then I am just a humble lemming at the mountain of info that is Don and quiet myself to learn a new obscure mustang tidbit.

"All hail Don...........and view with trepidation that who is D.C." lmao :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on a 71. I found this on eBay. And in my opinion looms like the bolt holes would match up and has the curve for the motor.

Do you need just the bracket or do you want the vac pod, rod and bracket ? I should have a could of A/C units for parts

There are two of these type vacuum motors. See the outside air motor in your diagram it is the same as the restrictor motor. This might help....

Last edited by a moderator:
Those pictures are just what I needed. Time to pull that trigger. I agree as well, if it doesn' fit I can just resell.

Not sure if this helps you out at all, but I snapped a couple of pictures before I removed the heater box...

is that a dirt wasps nest in your blower box??????????????
That is some type of dope they use at the factory to seal the hole around the temperature probe for the a/c cutoff switch. I used plumbers putty when I resealed my heater box.

Back