What is this connector used for? 72 under dash,

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71steed

Reaction score
My Car
66 GT coupe
67 GTA convertible
69 Fastback, Boss 429 clone
69 GT coupe
71 Sports coupe
71 Mach 1
73 Mach 1
20141026_171001[1].jpg20141026_170951[1].jpgI have this n72 underdash harness. Car has tach, ac, seat back release. This connector is above the glove box area where the relays are located.

I have this n72 underdash harness. Car has tach, ac, seat back release. This connector is above the glove box area where the relays are located.
It looks like C-41, headlamp on warning and key reminder buzzer, headlamp on relay, and left door jamb switch. Chuck

I have this n72 underdash harness. Car has tach, ac, seat back release. This connector is above the glove box area where the relays are located.
It looks like C-41, headlamp on warning and key reminder buzzer, headlamp on relay, and left door jamb switch. Chuck
Chuck, does it connect to the convenience group harness as shown above? Is 72 convenience separate from dash harness? Is 71 and 73 separate?

For connection with this piece of wiring...
What year is that for? 72 or 73?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck, does it connect to the convenience group harness as shown above? Is 72 convenience separate from dash harness? Is 71 and 73 separate?

For connection with this piece of wiring...
What year is that for? 72 or 73?
The drawing is dated 10/15/71 so 1972. Sorry I don't have 73 drawings. Chuck

There's a similar plug on the headlight harness just beyond the connector to the fuse box, also on the 72. I've never figured out the purpose of either connector, as they both can accept the same plug. Anyone know what that one is for?

Hi 71Steed! I talked with you this evening!

+1

For a 72 it looks like its C-41. Looks like it also is used for the emergency brake warning light. The harness that Eddy shows has the Park indicator on it.

In a 73 it looks like its C-702, same functions and also looks like it's part of the seat back solenoids.

Hard to be sure though without tracing the lines and using a multi-meter though.

Back