What should i ask for??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hi guys!! Well.. i´m here all wondering about what to do...

As most of you know, i have my De Luxe Marti Report since February... the version they send you over the mail...

The original copy never came, and they sent it twice already so now after talking the guys up a lot, i manage they to send me a third copy attaching with some new document order i have to get...

The thing is they send me my report if i order them something else and they´ll send it via USPS Express mail that is the safest way to do that...

A nice lady, Marlene from Martiauto, told me into the Eminger Invoice, that is the best, most complete document i can get about my car... well.. That´s ok but now i´ve seen some of you guys have some other sheets in the typical Marti format that shows a lot of good details about the cars... I don´t know if the Eminger Invoice includes everything that is there to know about my car, but before placing the order in Marti, i wanted to ask you guys what´s the best, most complete document i can get from those guys and which one worth the money...

The Eminger Invoice is a great thing because is the original factory paper that ford did but is it informative? is it complete?? Is this Invoice what you guys are getting that tells you the specs of your car and the quantity of cars produced with that optioning??

Well... here i´m placing you my De luxe report.. this is the only data i have of my car so.. if you were me (with looooow budget) what else would you order?

marti report JPG.jpg

Eminger invoice is a magnificent historical document if it's available for your car, and it should show every option and it's price on it. But it's a bit of a worry if items are going missing in the mail, because if the invoice goes missing you are never ever going to get an original again (I do think Marti does keep copies of the Eminger invoices when he sends them though)

Eminger invoice is a magnificent historical document if it's available for your car, and it should show every option and it's price on it. But it's a bit of a worry if items are going missing in the mail, because if the invoice goes missing you are never ever going to get an original again (I do think Marti does keep copies of the Eminger invoices when he sends them though)
That was what this Marlene girl told me, and that is why she suggested the USPS Express mail because you can actually keep track on it and it is not delivered without your signature...

What happened before is that Marti took my home adress as the delivery address and during the day, noone is home there.. Maybe the mailman came, noone was there and just left... Now Marti tells they doesn´t know which mail company delivers the packages in Uruguay so, i cant go to claim for it...

Isn´t the Eminger one old sheet of paper?? this is now what guys are posting here...

The Eminger report shows how the dealer received the car from Ford, but probably not any dealer added accessories. The Marti report will also give the statistics showing how many were made with the options matching your car.

I contacted the original dealership that sold my 73 new to see if they saved the old records. The general manager actually took an interest in researching, but told me that since the dealership had changed ownership the old records had disappeared. It may be worth a try to contact the original dealer, if you know who it is, they may have service records, invoices, etc. Good luck.

Highly recommend getting the Eminger invoice. Mine is on display in my garage. Those marks you see checking off what your car came with and the signature at the bottom is real lead pencil graphite. You can't copy that. It is as real as it gets and one of kind.

Feel safe??! In Uruguay nothing makes you feel safe but that's what Marti does feel safe...

You know, i dont think the eminger is expensive... 60 bucks plus shipping i believe...

I'm still not sure that is the thing i'm looking for from Marti... I just want to know every detail i can about the car...

Nobody comment in here, those Marti posted here in our forum with 2 Or 3 sheets of paper...

ya..bit scary sending it all the way over there...most of the stuff i send over there makes it....and most makes it back..just dont order it in the middle of a holiday!!...i had a bunch of stuff sent too me from my freind in denmark on chirstmas...and i new what was coming..and when i opened her package..it was full of a box of cookies....i emailed and said..thanks for the cookies..i didnt expect them...she said..what cookies? i didnt send cookies!! on the way between here and there...some at post office opened it lost track and shoved in some cookie from some other denmark package in there..cookies were from denmark....and shoved my stuff in some other package!! i know it wasnt a theft...cause nothing was really spendy in there..was a cheap neckless and some incense...i could still smell the incense in the package..lol.i called and bitched out the postoffice...and nothing could be done..its like gambling sometimes..grrrrrrr..lol..good luck!! and i hope it makes it there free and clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... Today i spent a couple of hours at the post office in the EMS sector... Aparently Marti send their stuff vía the regular post in Uruguay, which means it is untrackable without a shipping number...

The post office guys told me i should order everything vía the EMS and that is safe...

Envelopes and little packs are piece the cake and for mote than 2 kilos boxes Or mire than 50 dollars bills, the custom has to intervine...

They charge 60% of the Bill + shipping of taxes if the hole sume doesnt go over 100 bucks... If it does, you have to find a custom lawyer to make soné burocratic stuff and of course, charge you for his services, je!!

Bottom line, everything vía certified EMS Or nothing and fingers crossed all the time... And from here, i'm restoring this little but loved car! Je

Back