What touch paint should I order?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 351C Grabber Lime Green
So...this car was obviously repainted as it is a 1972 and this color wasn't available. It was originally pewter according to the Marti report and all info on the car itself. However it was taken all the way down to bare metal, primed, and painted in I believe this 1971 color. A few chips have formed that go to the metal and I'd like to get them filled in with a matching color that looks good and prevents rust from setting in. The largest chip is the size of my pinky nail.

I've looked through eBay but can never tell if the colors there are the exact match. Can one of you experts guide me to the correct bottle of touch up so I can just do it with a brush very carefully so it at least looks good from a few feet away and doesn't lead to further damage to the paint/body?

Thanks all!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a275/SharkHawk/IMG_2984_zpsa9jcjze4.jpg

Looks like Grabber Lime - a 1971 only color. Should be easy enough to have a local paint supplier match it. Take care there and they have scanners to actually see the color of your car and they can match.

Good luck.

Ray

Back