what water pump and questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible(some day)
I finished my restoration last year and haven't put but 700 miles on the car. I replaced the water pump with a refurbished WP from cardone I think. Well I dusted it off and went to take for a spin and started leaking coolant out the weep hole. Not sure if anyone has any recomendations. Its an AC car but I don't think that matter. Its such a pain to replace I don't want to take a chance with cardone but want to keep it looking somewhat stock. 

Also I'm very concerned about not disturbing the timing chain cover. Any suggestions there?

Thanks for any input.

Jim

Cardone is the problem, their parts are not always up to snuff. Some joke that their name should be Car done. If it is a Cleveland, the timing cover shouldn't be a problem unless you have broken fasteners in it, which I would think after a restoration, it should not!

302's have the timing cover that is not integral, but I don't see why that would change anything with a water pump swap.

Back