What's your 1st part ever ordered online?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1. Originally 2V but going 4V soon!
Here's Mine!!

BATTMOUNTKIT71-73_LG.JPG

I am stoked about getting into this. And a special shout out to Don down on the coast for all his help. Super nice guy.

Hopefully in the end it will look somewhat similar to this.

mustang1971burgundy (1).jpg

Maybe a more metallic burgundy with pearl while stripes and lettering. Wondering what the cowling would look like white too. Where some guys have it black. Not sure what that's called when the paint is done that way?? Maybe rear and front spoiler white?

Gonna need a lot of help. I think I can figure most basic stuff out but under the air cleaner and valve covers I'm going to have some basic questions.

Did I say I was stoked!!!!

Sad enough, locks and keys. Haven't used them yet, lol. A whole bunch of sheet metal was on my second order. :p

Rich

First online purchase was rear package tray from CJ's.

November 2000 I bought a premium clutch for my Boss 302 from NPD for $ 146.95

Have not started my boss yet (have been for 30 years in my garage).

So maybe time to do it now.

// Thomas

Online online or mail order catalog (back in 88 when we worked on it while I was in high school).

Now would be gas tank and back then would have been seat covers/stereo.

I was going to ask online or catalog/phone order too. Online would be gas tank in 2008. Phone order would be Dr. Gas Spin Trap mufflers and prototype x-pipe in late 94 early 95.

My first online order was about $600 worth of interior parts. Carpet, dash pad, standard door panel parts, lots and lots of stuff. The wife was ecstatic about it :D
Same with me, except mine was closer to $1200 and no wife. I was ecstatic enough for 2 people though.

My first part ever ordered online was actually a Canopus Voodoo Graphics video card back in the '90s. rofl

My first car part was pieces and parts for my Jeep.

My first car ordered online was my '97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 through Autobytel.com

My first part ordered for my '71 Mach 1... probably hafta be either replacement sheet metal (floor pans) from CJ Pony Parts, or a bucket of Rust Bullet from Summit Racing.

Fender to core support brackets that Don chimed in about when I asked. Since then am working on finding the second oldest a place to stay while in college.

Mine was a complete 1" lowering suspension kit, while my motor and transmission were being built.

Mine was a set of 600# front coil springs, 160# leaf springs, and a front sway bar from Maier Racing.

NOS front fender eyebrows in chrome (still in the box) then some NOS rear bumper guards with the instructions where to drill the holes in the rear bumper (still in the box). Haven't seen them in awhile either, I should dig them out. Best deal was the white overlays for the guages. $8

Mine was the car...back when ebay was decent. First part, I want to say battery tray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back