What's your favorite Grabber color?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
For 71-73 models the grabber colors were

Blue

Yellow

Green

Grabber orange was available in 1970 ,not sure if 1969 too.

I liked the Grabber Green in 1971 and ordered a Grabber Maverick that color with black vinyl roof and high back bucket seats. It is sitting by the barn where it was driven to and parked probably around 1980. In the background of this pic.

Something happened during my car build and it got painted twice at the factory. I had to sand down a spot once and there was two distinct layers of Green. I think the sticker price was $3,200 and it had everything but air cond. which I do not like. Even had 5 lug wheels part of the HD suspension package that cost an amazing $10.00 extra. You can say what you want about quality today but you sure could not beat the prices back then.

There was also a Grabber Lime available. Ryan

Green!

Blue is much more spectacular and I love it but I'd hesitate to have it on a car I'd own as I think I'd get tired of it after a while simply because it's too flashy.

Although Grabber Orange wasn't available for our cars, it's my favorite, especially with black stripes - I almost painted my '73 Mach that color. :cool:

Back