wheel ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that looks awesome!

I think my new Centerlines are showing up tomorrow. 17x11 for the rear with 6.5" BS. Strapping on some 315-35-17" rubber and 245-45-17 onto the front (17x8). This will reduce the tire height to 25.7" from 26.7" where it currently sits. Does anyone think that will make the car too low?
Wicked cool .Don't think it would be too low at all. Can't wait to see the pics. Have you modified the rear wheel wells etc to fit all that rubber
No, I haven't modified the wheelwells themselves, but I no longer have a rear sway bar and my suspension is lowered using a complete suspension kit from PST. I have no clearance issues with 295-50-15 rubber on 15x10s with 5.5" BS. I measured and it looks like a 6.5" BS would work as well and get me some more space for 315s.
Very Good. Cannot wait to see the finished article. Well done Sir

I agree with what many have said...each car has it's own character or personality. You just have to go with what you like and own it... I looked at a ton of pictures before deciding on my 18's.

John

_SAM4010.JPG

_SAM4045.JPG

_SAM4056.JPG

Another vote for 18's here, I have 245x40x18 Nitto tyres on the front and 275x40x18 on the back with 18x8 up front and 18x9.5s on the rear.. no rubbing or scraping issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my Year One 17 x8 and 17x9 one piece magnum 500 wheels.

245-45 17 in the front and 275-40 17 on the rears.
I'm not usually keen on rims over 15", but that looks phenomenal. Looks as if those flat Magnums were made for that car and color scheme.

Funny how the "Luxstang look" works so well.

-Kurt

Why Thankyou, that rag top of yours looks sweet, a nice combination. The dark paint. and all the shinny bits, looks awesome, well done...

^^^ might as well, your the reason I went with 18 on my Mach 1, And sure there are others.... It was a really good post and write up you did way back when about using 18' rims...

Funny how the "Luxstang look" works so well.

-Kurt
The "Luxstang look"!?! I like that a lot. :)

Could we set as a new official term? :)
Ugh... THANKS KURT! See what ya started?!? :D

Sooooo the new word for a cool modded 71-3 ragtop is...

The "LuxLook" ? :p

Works for me.

Ray

Back