Where can I find one?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandmas73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Red conv 302
1961 Studebaker Hawk
Has anyone been able to find these ( it lives to the left of the dizzy) Repro, NOS, used?  I can't find one, had a hole in it, JB'ed it and pushed the hose on further.

Thanks in advance.

20190803_152953.jpg

20190730_150700.jpg

If you only need 1 outlet, but here is a choice. https://www.npdlink.com/product/connection-heater-hose-on-intake-manifold-90-degree/103129?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3Dheater%252Bhose%252Bnipple%26top_parent%3D210001%26year%3D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Bryan,

The original heater hose elbow for your car is D3OZ-18599-B. (The D3OZ-A or B will interchange)  That one has the provision for a PVS valve. The PVS valve is a temperature-controlled vacuum valve used to control the vacuum from your carburetor EGR port to the EGR valve. It's intended function was to aid in warm-up driveability. To see that it's still on your car is amazing since a lot of 'em were tossed when "Cleaning Up" under the hood back in the day.

If your car is running fine with the present system you may want to keep everything as is. The D3OZ elbow can be a little harder and more expensive to find over the elbow without the valve provision.  There are a couple on E-Bay  https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1973-1979-FORD-GRAN-TORINO-RANCHERO-ELITE-351-2V-HEATER-WATER-ELBOW-FITTIN/254604599581?epid=1723925175  and a Google search shows a few but this one stuck out because of the price. https://www.bphimheo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=688177 (I have never dealt with this company)

If you feel like you want to do away with this system you can always use the elbow Canted 393 found.

Good luck with your project.

Last edited by a moderator:
That bphimheo website looks impressive with the variety of parts and low prices but personally I would be leery of buying from them.  So, if you buy parts from them, please let us know how everything works out. Always good to have another vendor if they are legit.

SteveO_71,

Agree as many online purchases can be a gamble. I normally try not to list sites that I have not had any experiences with. Sometimes a NOS part can be so rare or just hard to find that you're forced into that corner. Ford used around 22 different elbows on different car and truck lines so there was not a great abundance of one particular style over the others. This D3OZ-A/B elbow had a retail of $26.78. Ford had a program available to its Dealers called "Circle R-Last Time Returnable". It let the Dealer know the part was being discontinued and would not be returnable on the next quarterly parts return. The old school "Suits" would allow the parts to sell out at the current price. The New Age "Suits" had a new little trick to keep dealers from further ordering them and justify dropping the part. They would place an obscene price on the outgoing part. The $26.78 part was now $329.56!! I did see a couple of Ford Dealers with inventory but they would use the last published price, so they were out.

The bphimheo site did look good as they appear to have a large cross-section of parts and the D3OZ elbow they offer is inexpensive. Now...as long as any charges for Bat Head soup from China don't show up!    :whistling:

Hello Bryan,

The original heater hose elbow for your car is D3OZ-18599-B. (The D3OZ-A or B will interchange)  That one has the provision for a PVS valve. The PVS valve is a temperature-controlled vacuum valve used to control the vacuum from your carburetor EGR port to the EGR valve. It's intended function was to aid in warm-up driveability. To see that it's still on your car is amazing since a lot of 'em were tossed when "Cleaning Up" under the hood back in the day.

If your car is running fine with the present system you may want to keep everything as is. The D3OZ elbow can be a little harder and more expensive to find over the elbow without the valve provision.  There are a couple on E-Bay  https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1973-1979-FORD-GRAN-TORINO-RANCHERO-ELITE-351-2V-HEATER-WATER-ELBOW-FITTIN/254604599581?epid=1723925175  and a Google search shows a few but this one stuck out because of the price. https://www.bphimheo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=688177 (I have never dealt with this company)

If you feel like you want to do away with this system you can always use the elbow Canted 393 found.

Good luck with your project.
Thanks for the info and the links secluff (putting P/Ns in book), this was my grandmothers 50k original 73 vert so nobody has messed with it.

I had found that ebay listing, but lost it. I never saw bphimheo before, too good to be tru? :angel: I will let all know if I try them.

So after pokin around the net I can find NO info on this bphimheo.com. And when I put the elbow in the cart and get a shipping quote of $25 + $15 for the part + unknown seller.... I'll be hittin ebay since the car runs well with the current vacuum setup and I'd like to keep the vac sw in the mix.

Thank you all again for your input.

Back