Where Can I Get Replacement Fuse Block?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icejawa

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 M Code,2003 Mach Azure Blue
Hello,

I am trying to find a OEM style replacement fuse block/wiring harness...perhaps a scott drake reproduction? I can't seem to find one, already tried looking on sites such as CJPonyParts and Ebay.

Reason I need a new one is: against my instinct I visited a mechanic my friend strongly insisted I go to because he takes his 67 thunderbird there and "he does the best job, trustworthy etc.." I took his advice since I'm 20 years old and thought an older mechanic could do a better job at some particular stuff than me.

Mechanic destroyed my whole under dash wiring for no reason to try to get my clock to work which I did NOT ask to be messed with, just needed a wheel alignment/check if I rebuilt carb properly. He took apart fuse block to "try to fix my clock and dome light" and rewired it with wrong gauge wires. Now indicator lights etc don't work (I did not pay this clown and am trying to see if I can file a lawsuit or something for the damages)..

I am the kind of person who is obsessed with DIY and I now regret going against my own instincts and I never will visit a mechanic again. :mad: Have never visited one before on my newer era cars and I now see why I was right in doing so. Everybody's mechanic is "the best guy" which is problematic in recommendations.

Oh boy

Last edited by a moderator:
Frack a duck: $65 for a used fuseblock without fuseclips? Damn; either I'm in the wrong line of business or I need to jack up my prices! I sell them with pigtails for $25.

Oh cool thanks for the replies Ill probably buy one from midlife in a few minutes

The guy cracked my fuse block because he didn't unscrew the bolt in the middle - never ever seeing a mechanic again I've got ptsd after this chaos, and I'm sure my mach does too

MIdlife did my harness. It was worth the money it worked right away and all the gauges and accessories are online!

I actually need a whole new harness the idiot cut my wires too I just looked deeper in the dash omg

I actually need a whole new harness the idiot cut my wires too I just looked deeper in the dash omg
Buy the whole thing from Midlife - I have purchased several things along the way - you will not go wrong.

::thumb::

That's a bummer. I hate leaving my car with anyone to work on it (except body and paint). Although I must admit my earlier work wasn't the best either. But I have learned a lot over the years. Lean on us for any questions, a lot of old timers here can probably save you some grief in the long run.

We've been in communications, and reaching consensus.

It's technicians like Icejawa's unfortunate selection that make my business possible.

Yep I have gone with Midlife as my source for a wire harness. I have a question though regarding a problem that the mechanic caused: When I start the car it idles rough until I touch the coil with some outside source of volts, then it runs normally. When I take it off engine goes back to shaking hard. I properly replaced the wire harness that powers the coil, could the botched wiring harness under the dash be causing this issue? Just want to understand since I have little knowledge of electrical wiring on cars

Yep I have gone with Midlife as my source for a wire harness. I have a question though regarding a problem that the mechanic caused: When I start the car it idles rough until I touch the coil with some outside source of volts, then it runs normally. I properly replaced the wire harness that powers the coil, could the botched wiring under the dash be causing this issue?
Possibly.  Any junction that would have corrosion would reduce the voltage due to the higher resistance.  Some of that wiring, though, is in the headlight harness.

I guess I don't need to call the auto repair shop on State RD  about the wiring harness / fuse block they needed

I guess I don't need to call the auto repair shop on State RD  about the wiring harness / fuse block they needed
::thumb::

You might want to give him an introduction call. A mechanic like that probably needs to buy a lot of replacement parts.

The $20 I promised the auto repair shop is on its way. Thanks, dude!

Yep they have younger guy work on old cars and older guy work on new ones. I would think it would be other way around

Back