Where did all my money go?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
I design power electronic modules for the Auto industry – specifically with Jaguar… (pronounced in Americanese as “Jagwaaarr”)

Before being elevated to leading the innovation platform for JLR; I started my engineering career as an earwig (cockroach)- actually believing there is such a thing as a left handed spanner, then a trainee engineer, rising to grunt engineer, then engineer, then lead engineer, then engineering manager and now engineering director.

All this means that when I was a cockroach I was impoverished… poor … on the scrap pile of western society with the sort of prospects normally associated with lepers. :chin:

Then rising through the ranks I gained some pay advantages. Little by little my wallet grew… I bought all sorts of trash that other human lifeforms seem to buy… a house, a VCR, a fruit juicer, a digital watch, a lava lamp, a TV, a car.

Then, I got married when I thought myself stable enuff to have one of those colossal money corrosives …a wife!

Then daughter came a long and sucked up the rest… by which time, with a little luck, promotion happened and now I am where I am today …milking the big automotive machine, making a few hundred people do my work for me.

Then I bought a 1971 351 Cleveland Mustang Mach 1 in Green with underslung aluminium strips and a big burbling exhaust note that can sink volcanic islands.

Now look at me ...

Back to where I started...please HeeeEEELLLPPPP

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain sir, I feel your pain....

Bought a car I thought didn’t need much, and engine let loose fourth time around block...

Now I’m arse deep in the “while I’m at it” rat hole....

Where to stop, where to stop.

THAT is the question.

It was a 650hpish cleveland stroker in a 68 Coupe.

I’m actually taming it down to be in the 500hp range to make it more streetable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's known as either a money pit or black hole :)

Earning more money doesn't guarantee wealth, just guarantees paying more taxes :(

It is no worse than owning a boat, a motorhome/RV, or God help you, an airplane. As to where the money went, part of the answer is you indeed did spend some. The other part of the answer is the government relieved you of a large portion of it before you saw it. I've looked at the tax structure of several European nations and each time come away feeling less angry about the taxes I pay here. I admire anyone in Europe that has the determination to build and maintain an old American Car.

So is it Jag-U-R?

Chuck

I, like others, know how you feel having spent what's left of any retirement funds

Things are so bad I had to send the missus to China by herself to visit family while I stay home and look after our first born Mustang

Being near one of the most remote cities in the world and the dwindling Aussie dollar doesn't help either

Thinking of starting a GoFundMe page to cover the fuel costs once I've given the Government the rest of what I can salvage from my finances just to get this vehicle on the road

Oh well back to looking behind the couch(sofa) for some coins

I, like others, know how you feel having spent what's left of any retirement funds

Things are so bad I had to send the missus to China by herself to visit family while I stay home and look after our first born Mustang

Being near one of the most remote cities in the world and the dwindling Aussie dollar doesn't help either

Thinking of starting a GoFundMe page to cover the fuel costs once I've given the Government the rest of what I can salvage from my finances just to get this vehicle on the road

Oh well back to looking behind the couch(sofa) for some coins
I completely understand how you feel Oz, I recently completed my annual income tax paperwork and even though I pay about $2 grand a month in taxes, I still owe almost $10 grand this year. They get you coming and going brother.

Tom

Ahhhhhh yes, where does it end? When I first bought mine, I had plans to get it exactly the way I wanted it. After some "sorting out" and interior work, I just want to drive it which you can't do if it's in a constant state of repair. The paint and drive train aren't perfect, but they will do. I'm in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mode now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My money seems to disappear whenever I respond to those nice emails from folks overseas that want to give me millions of dollars if I just send them $500 in a wire so they can access my bank account for the deposit. Funny...I'm still waiting for those deposits...

My money seems to disappear whenever I respond to those nice emails from folks overseas that want to give me millions of dollars if I just send them $500 in a wire so they can access my bank account for the deposit.  Funny...I'm still waiting for those deposits...
ya the bastards in jamacha got my mother in law with dementia  for 3,000 $

I totally feel sorry for you Comifornia people. You guys cant do anything, and if your not a Democrat, your Vote doesn't even count. Every day the California governments think of bold new ways to take your money and give it to someone who doesn't deserve it. I know the weather is awesome out there and the scenery beautiful, but damn, I would rather live in the worst rathole swamp of south Louisiana than live out there.

I totally feel sorry for you Comifornia people. You guys cant do anything, and if your not a Democrat, your Vote doesn't even count. Every day the California governments think of bold new ways to take your money and give it to someone who doesn't deserve it. I know the weather is awesome out there and the scenery beautiful, but damn, I would rather live in the worst rathole swamp of south Louisiana than live out there.

What he said.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally feel sorry for you Comifornia people.  You guys cant do anything, and if your not a Democrat, your Vote doesn't even count.  Every day the California governments think of bold new ways to take your money and give it to someone who doesn't deserve it.  I know the weather is awesome out there and the scenery beautiful, but damn, I would rather live in the worst rathole swamp of south Louisiana than live out there.
If you would ask 5 years ago if I would leave California I would have said no way! Now My wife and I are looking at property in Arizona.

My problem is, I dont have enough to begin with to watch it get spent frivolously on my car disease. If I was younger I would be working 3 jobs, but now that im in my 50's, one is bad enough. That being said, every spare dime I have im saving to get a 69 Torino R code 428 fastback. That is going to eat every spare dime I have for many years to come. If I had more money I would just buy more cars. I could go for a 69 Mach 1, a 70 Charger, a 70 Road Runner.......... damn I need 6 jobs.....

My money seems to disappear whenever I respond to those nice emails from folks overseas that want to give me millions of dollars if I just send them $500 in a wire so they can access my bank account for the deposit.  Funny...I'm still waiting for those deposits...
I just had an 8 month restoration/resto-mod completed on my bronco.  nuff said...oh yeah, then I just bought a 73 Mexican Mach 1...nuff, nuff said...

Was it a early swiss cheese bronco? Put a light inside it and turn off the lights and the body looks like a starry sky.

Was it a early swiss cheese bronco?  Put a light inside it and turn off the lights and the body looks like a starry sky.
it was a rust free bronco...the expensive part was the "mod" in resto-mod...

Back