Where do the sender sensors Go ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machattack

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1 351c 4v auto fmx
1968 mustang gt 302 4v 4 speed
Hi Folks,

I could use some help on Water sender sensor location. I recently had my original 71 351c 2v rebuilt. A Eldelbrock performer intake # 2750 was installed with a 680 quick fuel carb. On top of the intake are 2  holes plugged. Are these sensor ports? I cant find anything on the internet or from Edelbrock saying what these ports are for.  I hope they are for senders cause otherwise my O.E harness wont reach to the water pump port. 

Thanks everybody!!  

Those plugged ports would just be vacuum ports for the brake booster etc

If you mean the temp sensor usual position is right front of block. You can place another temp sensor in the water pump if needed

I have both gauge and idiot light so have used the extra port in the water pump

Your OE harness should reach unless someone has cut it before?

Those plugged ports would just be vacuum ports for the brake booster etc

If you mean the temp sensor usual position is right front of block. You can place another temp sensor in the water pump if needed

I have both gauge and idiot light so have used the extra port in the water pump

Your OE harness should reach unless someone has cut it before?
Thank you for the response! Good call OzCoupe72 the wire was cut and for some reson I didnt see the 2nd port by the Thermo. 

Appreciate the help.......... Problem solved :)

Cleveland intakes are dry, no water through them. 

I too have both mechanical and idiot lights and to solve the problem of where to add the temp sensor for the mechanical gauge, I chose to remove the 3 port vacuum switch and place the temp sensor there rather than the water pump as the water temp would be slightly lower. Now, I have a 71 351C 4V and am assuming the 2V also has the 3 port vacuum switch as well. I did need to use a thread adaptor to fit it. The reason for not needing the 3 port switch is I run a modified factory distributor and no longer need the retard dual vacuum canister.

Geoff.

Back