Which models share the same A pillar and windshield trim with a 73 fastback?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantpune

Reaction score
My car is rusted pretty bad around the windshield. The A pillars and the first 6 inches or so of the roof is toast. Nobody sells reproduction A pillars.
I called west coast cougar and they have this sheet metal they can cut off a car, but they don't have any fastbacks. On mustangs before 71, the angle of the windshield was different, and the shape of the side windows was different. We were wondering if this is the same situation on the 71-73 mustangs?

Is there any difference in the body sheet metal or trim around the windshield across the 71, 72, and 73 years?
And is there any different in that sheet metal across the coupe and fastbacks? I reckon a convertible does not have enough of a roof to be a source for what I need to patch.
Are there any other cars such as cougars that would share the same A pillars?

71, 72 and 73 fastbacks, sports roofs, and Mach 1s share the same windshields and roofs and at least the "A" pillar portions along the sides of the windshield. 71-73 Mustang Coupes, Grandes and Cougars are different in those respects.

71, 72 and 73 fastbacks, sports roofs, and Mach 1s share the same windshields and roofs and at least the "A" pillar portions along the sides of the windshield. 71-73 Mustang Coupes, Grandes and Cougars are different in those respects.
You forgot Verts in the list of no-go's
Only fastback version will work, but as they are structural, I have to wonder how good that repair needs to be to be safe. PDG I'm sure and from a really good welder.

Can draw on a pic of a fastback how much you need....I may have a source.

Can draw on a pic of a fastback how much you need....I may have a source.
Crude MSPaint drawing of the part around the windshield.
1682557127534.png

This is the part of the car I need that nobody reproduces. The sheet metal as well as the windshield trim.

How far down at the cowl? Or do you need all the way down?

I talked with the guy at the junkyard. He says....he gets $500 for a complete roof, so he's reluctant to cut just the front off as he can't do anything with the rest of it. As he said, if you pay that price, he would cut off whatever you want. (This might be why you can't find them anywhere else, too).
I think he will ship.
I was thinking if it was cheaper, I could cut it off, it's easy for me to ship the size you want. And just add some for my time and I could roll it into one of my trips there.
I guess it depends on how far from St. Louis you are.

I talked with the guy at the junkyard. He says....he gets $500 for a complete roof, so he's reluctant to cut just the front off as he can't do anything with the rest of it. As he said, if you pay that price, he would cut off whatever you want. (This might be why you can't find them anywhere else, too).
I think he will ship.
I was thinking if it was cheaper, I could cut it off, it's easy for me to ship the size you want. And just add some for my time and I could roll it into one of my trips there.
I guess it depends on how far from St. Louis you are.
Does the roof come with the upper half of the A pillars? The dynacorn roof goes all the way from the windshield to the back glass for $386.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/dynacorn-roof-panel-mustang-fastback-1971-1973/p/3643XL/

We talked about the A pillars, as well. I don't think he'd care where he cuts the A pillars.

My car is rusted pretty bad around the windshield. The A pillars and the first 6 inches or so of the roof is toast. Nobody sells reproduction A pillars.
I called west coast cougar and they have this sheet metal they can cut off a car, but they don't have any fastbacks. On mustangs before 71, the angle of the windshield was different, and the shape of the side windows was different. We were wondering if this is the same situation on the 71-73 mustangs?

Is there any difference in the body sheet metal or trim around the windshield across the 71, 72, and 73 years?
And is there any different in that sheet metal across the coupe and fastbacks? I reckon a convertible does not have enough of a roof to be a source for what I need to patch.
Are there any other cars such as cougars that would share the same A pillars?
Gaintpune, where are you located in Georgia?

Back