Which Stamping Plant(s) produced our Mustang panels?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddMike

Reaction score
Prague, Czech Republic (from Cleveland, OH)
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1: 351 C (modified), FMX trans (modified), 9" 3:25 traction lock rear gear. I have owned this car 44 years, since I was 17.
Indeed, the VIN tells where your Mustang was assembled and parts show the date they were produced. But I cannot find the info about which Ford Stamping plants, stamped the body panels. I grew up near and Dad worked his career at Walton Hills but I don't think that plant made body parts for Mustang, let alone 71-73. Does anyone know something they can share?

frame3-jpg.64257

Attachments

• Frame3.jpg
    Frame3.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 96
Indeed, the VIN tells where your Mustang was assembled and parts show the date they were produced. But I cannot find the info about which Ford Stamping plants, stamped the body panels. I grew up near and Dad worked his career at Walton Hills but I don't think that plant made body parts for Mustang, let alone 71-73. Does anyone know something they can share?

frame3-jpg.64257
That's a great photo!

I looked into this a little in my project thread for my car. I asked and others let me know that 'C' is the code for Walton Hills, and 'W' is Woodhaven Stamping I'm pretty sure...

Below is my trunklid, so August 26th, 2nd shift at Walton Hills...
Trunk Date Code.JPG

I looked into this a little in my project thread for my car. I asked and others let me know that 'C' is the code for Walton Hills, and 'W' is Woodhaven Stamping I'm pretty sure...

Below is my trunklid, so August 26th, 2nd shift at Walton Hills...
View attachment 64347
Thanks, this info was very Helpful.

Back