Which stripes you like more; 1971-72 or 1973 Mach 1?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
I personally like the 1971-72 more,and have seen a lot of 1973 Mach 1's with the 71-72 stripes. If I purchase a 1973 Mach I will put back the original stripes.

So which ones do you like more and why?

Hockey stripes for me (since mine's a '71), but '73s great with '73 stripes, and '71-'72s look just right with their hockey stripes as well.

Personally, I didn't like any stripes until I really started seeing more examples of our awesome cars. I might leave mine stripeless for awhile once it's shiny again (since that's how it was originally) - haven't decided yet. But definitely going to stick on the Mach 1 decals as soon as the paint permits.

What I actually like the best wasn't listed as an option in your question, which the 71-72 stripes were, so my preference is to opt not on the stripe option.

In other worlds I like the blacked out hood and just a Mack 1 sticker on the fenders.

What I actually like the best wasn't listed as an option in your question, which the 71-72 stripes were, so my preference is to opt not on the stripe option.

In other worlds I like the blacked out hood and just a Mack 1 sticker on the fenders.
Hey Don, since that's how my car came, I'll trade ya straight up for one of your 'striped' cars. :D :D :D

Hey Don, since that's how my car came, I'll trade ya straight up for one of your 'striped' cars. :D :D :D
Careful what you ask for Eric!...I know at least the front end is good on yours! Lol

Prefer 71-72 hockey sticks.

But if i choose to buy a 73 i would keep the 73 stripes, because they belong on the car:)
+1 The 73 stripes just almost look like the 69-70 Shelby stripes and if you look at the styling of the 69-70 Shelby body,it just almost looks like ...... just sayin.....:D

I like the 71-2 stripes better, probably because my first Mustang was a 72 Mach 1, but think the 73 stripes belong on a 73. Whenever I see a 73 with 71-72 stripes, the first thing I think is "Hey, he put the wrong stripes on it".

Steve

Back