Which type of 4V heads are this ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, here some news from my heads.

Type = D1ZE DA, This means it should be the normal 4V - open chamber with about 75cc.

So by stroking my 351C up to 408 the compression will be 10.4

I think this should be OK.

According to the new performance i have decided to built a low revolution (up to 5500 rpm) engine with the max torque at low revolution and change my stall speed up to 2000 rpm.

My 9" axle is a very long 2,75 and not locked. So i think i will need may torque very early. But maybe in the end of day i have to charge my axle.

Now we have ordered the components from the states and we have to wait for several weeks. But in the beginning of March the engine should be finished. I am looking forward to that day.

DSCI0820.jpg

DSCI0815.jpg

DSCI0819.jpg

DSCI0821.jpg

I JUST JOINED THIS SITE RECENTLY, SO THIS MAY BE TO LATE TO HELP YOU. BUT IF YOU GO TO (RACEABILENE .COM) YOU WILL FIND ALMOST ANY NUMBER YOU CAN THINK OF ON FORD ENGINES. IT GIVES CHAMBER VOLUME, CASTING NUMBERS, AND ANYTHING ELSE.

SEE IFhttp

://www.raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod/engine.html I CAN GET THIS RIGHT THIS TIME

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the link, Pappy. By referring to the weight tables, I was able to get a good approximation of my block with pistons and crank in it. Should be close to 252lbs or so, which make my solo engine pulling job definitely in the "do-able" range.

Doc

Back