• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

White 72 in Saginaw Mich

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard the word "Saginaw" till i learnt my steering box had the name. Is there any connection to the place name?
Absolutely.  Home of Saginaw steering gear.  Made m-1 carbines during the big war along with some other big gun parts.  Changed to delphi i believe and i think its called nexteer this week...I believe it was part of GM/AC but I may be wrong about that..im sure its complicated.  Also home to saginaw bay that has some of the best walleye fishing around.  I work in saginaw but do not live there.  Can get rowdy on the east side at night....

Given the pictures don't show much, it could have AC, PS, PDB, AM 8track,  intermittent wipers and a host of other options. I'd call a factory stripe, H-code auto car a decent restoration subject, especially with how original this one looks. Heck, I don't even see any rust on the taillight panel and it still has the dealer's emblem on the trunklid.

Given the pictures don't show much, it could have AC, PS, PDB, AM 8track,  intermittent wipers and a host of other options. I'd call a factory stripe, H-code auto car a decent restoration subject, especially with how original this one looks. Heck, I don't even see any rust on the taillight panel and it still has the dealer's emblem on the trunklid.
What do you think about the price?  I am not crazy about the idea that someone has already pulled the engine and trans. So many people discard parts and details when they disassemble them.   I already have one basket case.  My personal preference is colorful cars (green, yellow, blue) mine is pewter which is ok.

What do you think about the price?  I am not crazy about the idea that someone has already pulled the engine and trans. So many people discard parts and details when they disassemble them.   I already have one basket case.  My personal preference is colorful cars (green, yellow, blue) mine is pewter which is ok.
Engine stuff is easy and it being out makes it easier to inspect the body of the car.

Depends on how much rust there actually is. If it needs an A-pillar, a trunk floor and a cowl, then it's real high. If that's just surface rust and there is minimal or no other rust repairs needed, then I'd say it's in the ballpark, but #1 rule on CL is to ask more than you really want.  I know how much work I put into the rust repairs on my 71 and it would totally be worth it to me at $5k~7k if it only needs some extremely minor patches. 

It's from NC and usually the interiors are completely destroyed with no usable parts. Given that the interior appears to just be torn, then I'd say this one spent a good part of it's life garaged. I'd almost be inclined to do a little spot repair on the paint, buff and leave it alone while I did a driving restoration. Nothing wrong with patina.

Engine stuff is easy and it being out makes it easier to inspect the body of the car.

Depends on how much rust there actually is. If it needs an A-pillar, a trunk floor and a cowl, then it's real high. If that's just surface rust and there is minimal or no other rust repairs needed, then I'd say it's in the ballpark, but #1 rule on CL is to ask more than you really want.  I know how much work I put into the rust repairs on my 71 and it would totally be worth it to me at $5k~7k if it only needs some extremely minor patches. 

It's from NC and usually the interiors are completely destroyed with no usable parts. Given that the interior appears to just be torn, then I'd say this one spent a good part of it's life garaged. I'd almost be inclined to do a little spot repair on the paint, buff and leave it alone while I did a driving restoration. Nothing wrong with patina.
Thanks, if it was a yellow or green car I would be all over it.  I may look at it anyways if I am not welding my floor board in this week.. :-/  For some reason I hate the idea of color changes on a car... I like the idea of originality I guess.

For that amount of money should be a running driving car in my opinion. It is very short on options for sure. Needs pretty much everything so you know you could only fix for your use would never make a penny. It right now is a parts car so I would not pay more than $2,000. I have turned down Mach 1 in Tenn. for $1,000 that were taken apart and Q code also running M code for less. They are out there.

If you are looking for one place your own ads on CL for what you are looking for. You will be shocked at how many replies you will get. Families with Dad's car sitting in the barn or garage forever and they just want it gone.

For that amount of money should be a running driving car in my opinion. It is very short on options for sure. Needs pretty much everything so you know you could only fix for your use would never make a penny. It right now is a parts car so I would not pay more than $2,000. I have turned down Mach 1 in Tenn. for $1,000 that were taken apart and Q code also running M code for less. They are out there.

If you are looking for one place your own ads on CL for what you are looking for. You will be shocked at how many replies you will get. Families with Dad's car sitting in the barn or garage forever and they just want it gone.
I knew I could count on David to torpedo this one...   ::thumb::

Location, location, location. Come to the rust belt and this is the kind of garbage people want $2k+ for. Not saying they'll get it, but that's what's out there. Most anything that runs and drives with semi-decent paint starts at $10k around here. 

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/d/westfield-1972-mustang-mach-factory/6890366570.html

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d/beverly-1973-ford-mustang-mach-1-project/6909446145.html

I knew I could count on David to torpedo this one...   ::thumb::

Location, location, location. Come to the rust belt and this is the kind of garbage people want $2k+ for. Not saying they'll get it, but that's what's out there. Most anything that runs and drives with semi-decent paint starts at $10k around here. 

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/d/westfield-1972-mustang-mach-factory/6890366570.html

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d/beverly-1973-ford-mustang-mach-1-project/6909446145.html
That is just what I was thinking...I don't see many old car bargains in Michigan,  I am sure I don't know the right people though...when I went car hunting down south they were expensive also..I am thinking old car prices are starting to come down a bit lately though..

LOL, not bashing them just stating the facts.

I actually came to Dearborn Michigan and bought a car there and a pile of parts. Was at the Ford Mustang meet three years ago and brought back the black 73 vert. Then bought the crashed 72 vert in Grand Rapids. I paid $3,200 for the black one and $1,500 for the crashed car. It just had heads pulled and valve job. Ceramic coated headers installed and Pypes exhaust. Brand new top also. The interior was perfect even the door panels.

There is not a rust hole in the black car except on the passenger side in front floor. Was a Ziebart car.

It was on ebay also and everyone was afraid of it being in Michigan. Was in storage for 13 years so not in salt.

One of our European members wanted a Mach 1 and I found him one and he backed out. It needs nothing great driver 72 Q code 4 speed Mach 1. Was an automatic. three spoke, tilt, ram air, mach 1 sports interior, convenience group, PW, PDB, PS, front and rear spoilers, AM/FM, long console, AC, red with black interior, more options that I forget. It was $22,000 asking price.

I just do not see buying a plain jane car and having to find all the other stuff.

I do not know if he will still sell the 72 for that price but he would last winter.

Back