White lens for turnsignal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Hi

Is there a White lens for the turnsignal for 71-72 ?

Regards Rob

The only 'white' lens on 71-73 mustangs is the backup light. Correction as noted below: Front 73 turn signal lenses

Last edited by a moderator:
my 73's front grille turn signal lenses are white (clear) You are supposed to use an amber 1157 bulb. I have switchback LED bulbs in them. When they're on they are white and when the turn signal is switched on they switch back and forth to the amber color.

Hi

Okay thanks , I was looking for the turnsignal underneath. This is my 73 converted to 71-72 style bumper :)

So I thought it would be nice to have the lenses with white led double lamp inside.

You did it!!!

Looks awesome!

Did you do the in between plate as well ?

Thanks Fabrice , the between plate is not done yet. But Im gonna do it and looking for options to do it. Also underneath Im closing the gap with something.

Regards Rob

Thanks Fabrice , the between plate is not done yet. But Im gonna do it and looking for options to do it. Also underneath Im closing the gap with something.

Regards Rob
Well let us know how you do it. Very interested, as its on my todo too for a while.

For so far i've looked, looks like reusing the bolts on the big plate that holds the bumper and having a z shape might be the simplest and prevents to drill into the grille.

Reminds me I need go get some thin alu plates for this...

I have filled the space in between the lights so I don't see the floor or radiator (more than enough air can go thru the grille). If you plan fill underneath as well, picts/ideas welcome!

Rob, to my knowledge there were not any white lens for the 71-72 front  turn signal lamps. I know in the mid sixty's there were some countries where the amber turn signal was not legal so there was a clear turn signal lens to replace the standard amber lens on the 65-66 Mustang .These were not in the Ford MPC and had to be ordered through a Ford parts expediter in Detroit who specialized in parts for Export vehicles. The 67-68 "Fix" was a clear lens for all models so a bulb change would satisfy different needs.

You would know better than me on the present laws on lens colors. About the only request for lens that we handled in recent years was tail light lens with an amber insert for cars taken outside the US by military families.    

The grill you installed in your 73 looks great! That grill should have been the one Ford offered between the standard and the Mach1 grill with the sport lamps.

The grill you installed in your 73 looks great! That grill should have been the one Ford offered between the standard and the Mach1 grill with the sport lamps.
Thanks Secluff its the old 73 grill but I removed the standing lights. If I come up with some White lenses I let you know :)

regards Rob

I made my own. Take a piece of acrylic glass (or whatever you call clear “plastic glass”). 

Take your lenses and copy their outline onto the plastic. Cut out the shapes. Then use an orbital sander to scuff them up so they’ll be opaque. Copy the mounting holes and screw them on using the rubber seal behind them. 

This is not the best picture. It’s the only one I gave on my phone right now but you can see what they look like.

View attachment 40448

I made my own. Take a piece of acrylic glass (or whatever you call clear “plastic glass”). 

Take your lenses and copy their outline onto the plastic. Cut out the shapes. Then use an orbital sander to scuff them up so they’ll be opaque. Copy the mounting holes and screw them on using the rubber seal behind them. 

This is not the best picture. It’s the only one I gave on my phone right now but you can see what they look like.
Looks good , Il give it a try later on.

Regards Rob

Regards Rob
Well let us know how you do it. Very interested, as its on my todo too for a while.

For so far i've looked, looks like reusing the bolts on the big plate that holds the bumper and having a z shape might be the simplest and prevents to drill into the grille.

Reminds me I need go get some thin alu plates for this...

I have filled the space in between the lights so I don't see the floor or radiator (more than enough air can go thru the grille). If you plan fill underneath as well, picts/ideas welcome!
Hi Fabrice

Ive made this up real Quick, first I was thinking of making a whole plate that covers Everything and having a Square air inlet. But then I let it go.

Actually you dont se much of the top bar ;-)

I have not decided if I shoould put it in...

regards Rob

Ive made this up real Quick, first I was thinking of making a whole plate that covers Everything and having a Square air inlet. But then I let it go.

Actually you dont se much of the top bar ;-)

I have not decided if I shoould put it in...

regards Rob
I'm not sure I get what this is ment for. If I use the few neurones I have left, I would think its made to fit in between lights. While I was speaking about the 

space between the grille and the bump/support. if it is, please demo/explain. I don't get the shape for this use, but may be its because you did differently...

So I will not speak about the inbetween lights plate which is your choice! On mine, I made a dedicated mould and got a carbon fiber part for this.

Here's a quick and dirty drawing of what I was thinking to make for the space in between grill and bumper, where unlike for 71 and 72, you can see the support and in my case even the lights on the valance. This is what I was talking about.

Yep its between the turnsignal and bumper , I dont have any grillsupport plate so its empty there. Im thinking of adding some plastic to the grille as a skirt that will cover the 1 inch missing.

regards Rob

Get a piece of plexiglass (UV resistant) and a piece of the paneling used over florescent lights in dropped ceilings and cut them to the correct shape. Install with the plexiglass on the outside. The diamond pattern on the inside of the florescent light panel will diffuse and refract the light. The light panels are available in white and translucent.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/OPTIX-Common-24-in-x-24-in-Actual-22-187-in-x-22-437-in-3-44-sq-ft-Prism-Ceiling-Light-Panels/4777774
Great Thanks Don C

Rob, yes you could and that's what I was previously planning, but when I saw how thin the grill is under the head lights, I've changed my mind and I will go for something as on the quick drawing. It should also be more resistant to wind and will not add any force to the grille and no modification/alteration is needed. It simply will reuse the support bolts.

Thanks for advice :)

Rob, yes you could and that's what I was previously planning, but when I saw how thin the grill is under the head lights, I've changed my mind and I will go for something as on the quick drawing. It should also be more resistant to wind and will not add any force to the grille and no modification/alteration is needed. It simply will reuse the support bolts.
You are so right about that, never thought of it that way. Il have to rethink :)

Regrads Rob

Back