Who have you met?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Haha, that was too funny. Usually the pub is quiet around that time so I thought we could have some normal convo but the 6 nations was on. Fun but with too loud a crowd to chat. Was great meeting you though and I'm very pleased with the dash part!

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 T5 Q-Code 4-Speed
Hey guys,

met Manu Mach1 from France at our well-known road trip to the infamous Mexico Sprint near Cologne. Details about that can be read there:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-73-mach1-made-in-mexico?page=6

The best on this trip was to meet such a nice guy as Manu and his brother in real - it was a pleasure and honor to get to know the two! Sad there where no better circumstances and we had not more time to spend together... It felt like that we would have many too many things to tell each other ;)

Thanks again for the French wine, my friend! I will enjoy it sometime with my father... ::thumb::

s5iuq0.jpg

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
I met Thin Lizzy today (aka Mark) for a quick lunch in London. What a great guy! We chatted about all kinds of stuff but mostly about big old American cars and the frequency that they are seen/not seen in everyday circumstances.

About that time some Arab Shiek rolled by...

20161102_134158.jpg

We both laughed.

Mark has the obligory pic of us on his phone and will have to post. I very much look forward to meeting up with him again.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Last week Mike (will e) was over again and this time I offered to go look at my car. It's tooooo cold to take it for a spin but that might happen next time he's over again.

Anyhow, was great meeting again and this time we did not forget the mugshot!

Voila:

IMG_3680.JPG

Barrylink

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustaNG COUPE with a 351 cleveland 4barrel cobrajet Q code
[url=https://imgbb.com/][img]https://image.ibb.co/m5trfa/IMG_0291.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://imgbb.com/]gif free upload[/url]
The whole idea behind the Hello Name Badge icon is to promote two things.

1. to encourage members who haven't met anyone on here to make themselves available so since many others have done it.

2. to show that many of us actually know each other now in real life which enhances our site and makes our site VERY different from all the other sites.  

Since we actually know each other it makes it hard for someone to get on here and start flaming.  This site has taken my interest in the 71-73 mustang and turned it into several good friendships.

So if you don't have a Hello badge and you have met other members let me or another staff member know and tell how many other members you have met so you'll receive the correct badge. Also if you switch from one category to the next let me know that as well and it'll be swapped out.

Here are the categories:

Hello1+.png
Met 1 - 4 other forum members in person.

Hello5+.png
Met 5 - 9 other forum members in person.

Hello10+.png
Met 10 - 14 other forum members in person.

Hello15+.png
Met 15 - 19 other forum members in person.

Hello20+.png
Met 20 - 29 other forum members in person.

Hello30+.png
Met 30 - 39 other forum members in person.

I've met (updated Dec 2016):

Midlife (met Randy in Pensacola,FL before 7173 existed)

Pondarosamustang (met Matt at his house in Pensacola before 7173 existed)

thundertc64 (met Robert in Mobile, AL)

Ponypastor (met Pastor Tim in St. Petersburg, FL)

whisnane (met Eddie at his house in Lenior, NC)

CTGSTANG (met Creighton in Tampa)

Tnfastbk (met Roy in Knoxville)

Mark73 (met Mark in Knoxville)

rpmcarter (met Dan in Houston and again in Mobile, AL)

Jim and Jutta (do they count as two? Met them both in Seattle area at their house)

Totalled (met Pat in Seattle area)

rvrtrash (met Steve in Seattle area)

Harrisrf (met Rudy in Foley, AL)

Jeff73Mach1 (met Jeff in Nashville)

Cole (met Mark at my house)

T-Tom (met Tommy in Mobile. We go to church together.)

Tubo (met Corky at Cruising the Coast 2013)

73MustangCoupe (met Ron at my house and again in East TN)

Convertable73 (met Ron in Mobile Dec 2013)

StangCoupe73 (met Pete at Parris Island and again for dinner a few months later)

JamesS (met James at my house)

mdunlap (met Marc and his family at his house)

Knoxaferatu (met Tony in a back alley type area at 1am in the morning)

jb73mach1 (met John and his family at a cookout at his house)

JHawk (met John for beers and BBQ in San Antonio, TX - June 2014)

MeZapU (met at the 2015 Pensacola Mustang Show)

Ajh1973 (met at the 2015 Pensacola Mustang Show)

Mister 4x4 (met Eric and his wife in San Angelo, TX - May 2015)

auron73mach1 (Met Jordan and his wife in San Angelo, TX - May 2015)

sdstang (met Jim and his wife in San Diego, CA June 2015)

Mach71351c (met Mike and his wife, Tara, in San Diego, CA June 2015)

Ms.Mach71351c (met Tara and her husband, Mike, in San Diego, CA June 2015)

nailpounder (met Norm in El Cajon, Ca in June 2015)

Jase.Heuer (met Jase in El Paso, TX in Aug 2015)

Japrine (met Jason in El Paso, TX in Aug 2015)

Luxstang (met Mike and Mrs Luxstang in Luxembourg on 19 May 2016 and again in Mobile Alabama in Oct 2016)

Thin Lizzy (met Mark for lunch in London on 2 Nov 2016)
barrylink

peche 71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grande, 351 Cleveland, restoration project
1973 Convertible, 302, slight restoration
I met BILL73 RAGTOP a few years ago, he was the one who turned me on to this site!

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
I'm heading down to Carlisle next Thursday and will be there Friday and Sat and Sun. If any of you are planning to attend post where you can be found and we can meet. I'm going sans my Mustang unfortunately because my back has been bothering me and my physical Therapist didn't think it would be a good idea to spend so much time in the seat of a classic Mustang and I have to agree. Hope to see you at the show.

1972_00019_01.jpg

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs and I met a few weeks ago. Live about 10 minutes apart here in NC.
Dang, I completely forgot to look up our NC members when I was in the US last September. I was in Asheville!!! 

Problem was, I hadn't planned to go there, it was a spontaneous "extension" as we had two days left.

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs and I met a few weeks ago. Live about 10 minutes apart here in NC.
Dang, I completely forgot to look up our NC members when I was in the US last September. I was in Asheville!!! 

Problem was, I hadn't planned to go there, it was a spontaneous "extension" as we had two days left.
Wish you had got in touch. I live 20 min. from Asheville which is becoming the beer center of the U.S. because of the quality of water we have in the mountains. Also lots of wineries. Did you go to the Biltmore House? Largest private home in the U.S. and built turn of century. If ever back be sure to get in touch.

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
I'm just about an hour from Asheville, on the other side from Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs.  I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to meet you in person. Consider yourself scolded.  ;-)  

If you ever get back this way, give a shout and we'll see who crawls out of the bushes.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible

Wish you had got in touch. I live 20 min. from Asheville which is becoming the beer center of the U.S. because of the quality of water we have in the mountains. Also lots of wineries. Did you go to the Biltmore House? Largest private home in the U.S. and built turn of century. If ever back be sure to get in touch.
We actually spent the night on Biltmore estate as it was the only place that had rooms left in a 50 mile radius due to the evacuation from the hurricane. 

Let's say it was not on the cheap side. :/

Reaction score
My Car
73 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 CJ all matching numbers, under restoration.
73 Ford Mustang Sprint from Mexico.
This summer I was  in Holland for holidays and could meet Fabrice who's living in Holland, and while driving back to home, we stop to north east of France, Fort de Douamont near Verdun and could meet Luxstang who drove from Luxembourg. Was short moment but rich :)

I was not far to meet EddyW while driving through Belgium.

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Good for you guys! I have made contact with several people/owners in my neighborhood and they all don't seem that interested. The other day driving home from work, in the corner of my eye I spotted a parked 7123 Mustang Convertible, turned around and upon closer inspection it turned out to be a 73, left a sticky note on the windshield with my name and phone number, even mentioned 7173Mustangs.com and never heard from the guy! Believe it or not a couple days later I saw the very same Vert cruising down the highway. There's a guy living around the corner from me, maybe 1/2 a mile with a 73 Hardtop, it's purple LOL, talked to the owner and he says he'll restore it one day. It's been sitting outside (uncovered) ever since I moved into this part of town. Every time I see the car I wanna help it! So disappointing!

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code
That’s really cool that we try to meet some of us.

At the Woodward Dream Cruise this year I saw TNFastback Cruisin up the boulevard and I ran, wait hobbled up to say hay!

So, ya Tn, I’m the one you saw and said I knew you from the 71-73 site. I wish I could have taken a pic of your nice ride, but I didn’t have my phone with me then.

Here’s a couple pics from there