Who is going to the Grand Opening of the Mustang Museum in Charlotte NC?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s cool.

Would love to go.

Wish I was closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be getting there late Wednesday and will be attending the events Thursday through Saturday, heading back to Florida on Sunday.  I will have my grabber blue 2011 GT since my 72 Mach is nowhere near being ready for anything.  

I know David (Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs) will be there in his vert and have his Mach 1 on display in the museum I believe.  Also Rackerm will have his newer 2014 vert and mwilson7 will have one of his newer Mustangs.  

We should all try and get together.

I was there today. Some interesting cars some not so. I put my car in today. I will be there for sure look me up. I will have the yellow 73 vert to drive to track and show. The 73 Mach 1 is in the museum.
We NEED pic of the Mach in the museum! Congratulations

I was there today. Some interesting cars some not so. I put my car in today. I will be there for sure look me up. I will have the yellow 73 vert to drive to track and show. The 73 Mach 1 is in the museum.
We NEED pic of the Mach in the museum! Congratulations
Here you go. Unloaded it in back put the new Goodyear RWL tires on and drove it in. Had not ran for 37 years until that morning. I am one tired old guy.

That is not where it will be going to put in order of year there were 15 more cars to come. The earliest car is 64 1/2 VIN# 000004 black vert that was used in the ride Ford had at the Worlds Fair and then taken back to factory and drive line installed and sold. You can see a white beat up one just inside the door. That is the barn find car. It is VIN# 0000211 you can see the barn behind my car. There is a 71 429 grabber blue there also. They were happy with the car and I will take it easy for a few days and head back down next Tuesday.

David,

Your car looks great for sure. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished in such a short time.......

Looking forward to additional photos. I am sure you had a few back in the day moments flash through your mind while firing it up. Congratulations on making your goals.

Thanks, Jay

David, The car looks real nice! I lwill be there on Friday and look forward to see you and the car.

I believe I booked the Hampton on the left as you go out the boulevard from I-85 toward the track. I am going to be at the track doing check in of people to the event so you might catch up to me there.

I do not know if I can get the vert out or not. It rained over 25" in February and been raining last two days. We about did not get the Mach 1 out. All the rain buried all the gravel at the garage and nothing but slimy red mud right now. Thinking I might go get bags of mulch and put down to stay out of the mud.

Will PM cell number but text me first I do not answer calls if number not in the phone and I usually do not hear it ring with my bad hearing, lol.

If you go to the MOM web site they have posted a layout of the speedway and where things will be located. If you have not been there you come into the speedway right in the front and go to the left. Around turns 4 & 3 and there is a tunnel entrance going into the track around turn 3 entry. Only show cars go into the track you have to park regular cars outside the track and any tow or trailer outside the track.

Show cars will be around the garage area and where they park the race haulers normally, all paved so it will be hot for sure.

Bring your sun screen and a hat.

I just hope this rain stops going to go look at long range forecast now.

Some Pics on the Roval last year from the vert.

Note how the seats in the stands are painted different colors randomly. That is an attempt to hike the thousands of empty seats at the races now. They actually tore down all the bleachers in turn 2 and down the back stretch and still do not fill a 1/4 of them. My nephew went to Bristol couple weeks ago and he said it was about 1/3 full and it use to sell out every year. I do not see how it will keep going like that. I went to my last NASCAR race in 1969 after I learned how crooked they were and set up who won.

Cheers,

D

Back