Who is in line for the solar Elipse?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Well I have my video and still cameras ready, lol. I took the glass lens out of my two welding helmets to use as filters on the cameras. I do not know how that will work. I will do some with and some without. Will leave one of the video cameras just looking at the landscape.

I could have traveled about an hour and been in the center of the path in the western tip of N.C.. Clemson University will be almost in the center of the path. I know the BMW plant is going to shut down and allow about 5,000 employees to go outside and watch. I thought that was good you BMW owners are paying for that one, lol. Humm top pay $47.00 / hour on the line, all the office people, engineering, etc. probably kill at least an hour shutting down and starting back. That is over $235,000 to let them do that. You pretty much have to shut everything down when it is a line. I would think they would keep the 2 paint lines going hard to just stop them. That is pretty much automated anyway. Just the light booths where they hand sand them twice.

If I get a decent shot I will post later today. Could not find the shoes for two of my tripods.

We had about 95% coverage here. I used a welding lens, too. They came out OK, focusing and lens open times were the problem as it got down to a sliver.

Last edited by a moderator:
It did not get as dark as I thought it would. Peoples headlights did start coming on the road. It was like it is in Alaska during summer when the sun hardly sets. I did not really get any good pics. When clouds came over it was the best view but before it was nearly full.

upload photo on net

Here was the eclipse from Delaware. Unfortunately, I was out of focus with the first few picture and we had some cloud cover at the end.

We had 97.2% coverage. I didn't get any pictures, but my welding helmet worked great. Set it on Shade 13, kicked back and just watched it for about 15 min as it was coming to the max coverage and just beyond. Then had to get back to work. :-(

Less then 50% from my angle. Used welding shield and 2 sets of sunglasses to avoid eye damage.

IMG_5121.JPGIMG_8132.JPGIMG_8176.JPGIMG_8170.JPGIMG_8181.JPG

Guys,

My lovely bride and I were in Tennessee this weekend for the festivities. We started our weekend in Bristol for the races with some amazing skybox seats and hot pit pass tickets. What a wonderful experience that was. I have been to more NASCAR races than I can count but never trackside like that. On Monday wer drove to Nashville and saw the eclipse from our hotel poolside bar. It was amazing from full sun to darkness in a very short time frame. I didn't think it would be that spectacular!!! Our view was unobstructed from start to finish. I attached a few shots taken from my iPhone..  Truly an unforgettable experience!!!!

Can't figure out how to how to insert the photos after the text here, can someone edit ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back