why do I like this 43-year old car so much?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually my Mustang and I are the same age.

What I like about it most is that it's different, especially here in Europe. They were exotic and scarce when they were new, now they are also classic on top of that.

Makes you look (and feel) like a Rock star. :)

It's non conformist and shows personality.

Plus it's great fun, it sounds good, handles well, accelerates like a bat outta hell and it looks cool.

It's almost like flipping the bird to the other people on the road and saying:" Screw you and your soccer mom mini vans! " :) And I like the envious looks on the guy's faces if they are driving said mini vans.

The look that days:" dang, that guy is living the life I'd like to live. "

Well... kinda. You know what I mean. :)

I like driving a car which you can see the hood, I like the why the ride feels, and the light feeling of steering, and the Sound of the engine!!! especially when you take off at Stop signs and Stop lights.

As for the Prius, we have one, its not to reduce my Carbon foot print LOL its to reduce the money I spend at the pump.

Between my Expedition, the 454 engine in the Boat, and the Mustang, I needed to find away to save at the pump :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The mustangs are the recharging stations for my soul. Just going out and starting them up and smelling the raw fuel and listening to all of the creeks of the body just makes me feel good. Getting in and turning the key on the mustangs make me think about going for a long ride with no cares and no concerns and nothing but the open road in front of me. The occassional thumbs up and beep is nice, but it is just me the car and the open road on my mind. The daily driver 06' Dodge is a 180 degree differnce. Turning the key in that car and I am thinking about where I am going work, store or some othe mundane errand. All of the pressures of the day or week stay in my mind and I think about all of things that have to get done at work or at home. The daily driver is just that "daily." The mustangs are my vacation at home.

The mustangs are the recharging stations for my soul. Just going out and starting them up and smelling the raw fuel and listening to all of the creeks of the body just makes me feel good. Getting in and turning the key on the mustangs make me think about going for a long ride with no cares and no concerns and nothing but the open road in front of me. The occassional thumbs up and beep is nice, but it is just me the car and the open road on my mind. The daily driver 06' Dodge is a 180 degree differnce. Turning the key in that car and I am thinking about where I am going work, store or some othe mundane errand. All of the pressures of the day or week stay in my mind and I think about all of things that have to get done at work or at home. The daily driver is just that "daily." The mustangs are my vacation at home.
I think you nailed it. There will be times I get bored and the weather is good, I'll jump in the 71 and just take it on a spin with no destination in mind, then put it back in the garage. I've never done that with my other cars.

Jim

Nicely stated Brian, very nice.

It's great... It's big, loud and obnoxious looking. It's like driving a big middle finger to the world down the road. The sheeple in traffic around it react like it's an apex predator. "Maybe if I don't look at it, it won't eat me... Baaahhh!"

The dugita-dugita-dugita of the cam lope through the exhaust... Yeah man...

Back