WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one at the show is actually a Javelin. AMX is a much shorter car.

So this weeks focus will be on the tail light panel and assembly. The 4 pieces that make up the panel have been bonded together and is getting an IR blast to cure the resin. 8 studs were inserted for mounting. Tomorrow it gets painted and installed. Then final lenses get trimmed to fit.

“Ivan the fussy” saw something he didn’t like. Let’s just say I can take coal and make a diamond right now. He’s laughing. Lol. Great to have passionate people on your side.

That looks sweet!

Nothing is ever gonna look bad on that car but I wonder what it would look like if you gave it the same color as the stripes so it would contrast with the black paint.

I agree with you. I was going to charcoal it out but I had done a sample and the colour sitting inside that pocket somehow didn’t look as polished. What I am going to do is add texture to the bezels. This way I touch on differences on colour, texture and shine.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s right. We took it away from the center of the lenses because in this case we thought it would look better. It’s going to be relocated as a separate light along the lines of 67-70 reverse lights.

Yes sir!! Already have the LED panel.

At work they block certain images, and for some reason yours never get through. Then on days off I'm rarely near a computer. So every time I see a new post at work I am always curious how it looks. It has been a while since I got to see your images. When I seen the paint and graphics on your car it sent shivers down my back. I don't think looking at a car has ever done that to me before. Absolutely amazing. I like the black way better than the white or yellow you were previously thinking of. The graphics blew me away. Suits the car perfectly. Great job!

Although I think you should consider JW Speaker or Sealed7 headlights for it. Keep with the black look. I do believe some come with halos now also.

Thanks for the great compliments my friend. I will look into those headlights

Thanks for the great compliments my friend. I will look into those headlights
I agree about the headlights...they stand out too much and would (imo) look better blacked out. Here's the link to the ones I put on my car last year. Love them and they required no mods to the buckets & no mods to the electrical system (no relays) as they pull less watts then stock since they're LED.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M63N6PJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow. Those are ultra modern. My friend has those on his Jeep. I like them. I chose these because the turn signal is self contained. I do have a set of black lights. They were in my much earlier build photos.

I know you have all probably had your fill of this tail light panel but I just spent a few hours sanding, taping and spray texturing the bezels. Then the whole thing got a satin clear to knock down the sheen. Has a very factory original feel about it up close. Glad things went my way today. I wouldn’t know how to deal with a paint issue on this intricate thing at this stage. Lol.

The textured areas was the first thing I saw when I looked at your new pictures. That's another great idea that adds a "factory made" feel to it. Great job!!

...never too much talk about any of the project details. The project details (or any project details) is what separates a project like yours from the amateurs.

The texture is perfect for this panel. It is the finishing touch...well, we still need to see that inset logo! Great f'ing job Angelo!

Back