WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all. I hope it’s ok to put this here but I’m putting both cars up for sale. I’d like to put some more money together to continue on the 71 and possibly pounce on another car I have my eye on. You can pm me if you know of anyone looking. I figure it makes better dollar sense state side with the exchange being what it is for someone looking to buy one of these. Cheers.

When time is a factor to getting something done there is always putting money on it to have someone else take on getting past humps. Lol.

Hey looks like they're going to use the 70 Shelby air extractors on the 19 SuperSnake. Now im really glad I built them into my hood.

Hey looks like they're going to use the 70 Shelby air extractors on the 19 SuperSnake. Now im really glad I built them into my hood.
You may have a picture of the inside of the hood somewhere in this thread but I didn't want to go over the 100+ pages. Do you have a picture of how the air extractors look on the inside. I love how they look!

I saw the under hood of the SuperSnake. It’s just the two openings allowing engine bay heat to escape. I think they popped up the center of the hood just so the huge charger can fit. Mine I hope to isolate the intake scoops and drive the cooler air into the filter/throttle body. My air extractors will just remain open to the engine bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. That makes sense. Incoming air from the hood funneled to the carb inlet just like a RAM, and the exhaust hole provides an additional channel for the air to exit. In our unmodified hood we get a little bit of that effect as the air exits between the cowl and hood.

Ok not a 71-3 mustang but still cool for Ford lovers lol

That video may have sold me the car within hours of posting it which in turn loosened up some money to pick up the new GT350 and above all move on the 71. I’m already in talks with an experienced fabricator/ painter. In two weeks he’s coming to have a good look at my progress and will take the body from there to completion. Then we can finally assemble. I decided that I want the color of both cars to be the same. SHELBY 's Avalanche Grey. Need a few days to see if everything goes as planned or falls apart like things can at times.

That video may have sold me the car within hours of posting it which in turn loosened up some money to pick up the new GT350 and above all move on the 71. I’m already in talks with an experienced fabricator/ painter. In two weeks he’s coming to have a good look at my progress and will take the body from there to completion. Then we can finally assemble. I decided that I want the color of both cars to be the same. SHELBY 's Avalanche Grey. Need a few days to see if everything goes as planned or falls apart like things can at times.

What? So now your going grey on the The new 350 or the wide body

The plan is to get into a new Shelby in that colour. It’s only offered on the Shelby’s. However the repaint I want to do on the 71 would either be white or more than likely that same Avalanche grey.

Well the Green monster is gone and replaced with this bad boy. Just left with selling the coupe and we are on our way with another big push on the 71

Very fortunate yes. I think, without sounding weird, my late dad had a hand in this. Both of us car guys and I feel he’s still here with me. I just turned 50 and therefore born in 68. ?

That's one of the units in my work space. Not my garage. I lease 3 units of 1500 soft each. One is my spray room the other one is the clean room and that one is my drying shipping and car build room. This way I literally don't have to watch paint dry. Car is always there for tinkering

Last edited by a moderator:

The more I look at these two cars the more impressed I am at the similarities. All the new styling changes I made to the 71 you now find on the ‘15 and up. I drew them out in ‘13 and started working on the car in ‘14 so that’s cool. Then things like the front fender you can see how Ford stayed true to old designs you’d find on the 71 and not on 66-8 or 9 but 71-3.

Back