WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I’m thinking I should score me a set of Shelby’s tips for my exhaust.

Found this rare ruby red. Didn’t want red or stripes till I saw it and couldn’t say no to it. 71 is likely to get avalanche grey or white. Yet to make up my mind.

Found this rare ruby red. Didn’t want red or stripes till I saw it and couldn’t say no to it. 71 is likely to get avalanche grey or white. Yet to make up my mind.

My 2017 is ruby red. I love the color.

Right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is the day I meet with Dean. Fingers crossed we are on the same page with the 71 and he takes on the body and painting over the next few months and we can get some serious advances happening. I got a tantalizing bit of info from Joe Desilva at Desilva racing. When I was there with the 17. He tells me he knows people at Ford that may want to put the 71 in their coral at SEMA once it’s done. YOU KIDDING ME!! It’s on baby. Not only will I get to scratch the trip to SEMA off my bucket list but to have something in the show.....man o man. An honour even if it gets no attention.

Today is the day I meet with Dean. Fingers crossed we are on the same page with the 71 and he takes on the body and painting over the next few months and we can get some serious advances happening. I got a tantalizing bit of info from Joe Desilva at Desilva racing. When I was there with the 17. He tells me he knows people at Ford that may want to put the 71 in their coral at SEMA once it’s done. YOU KIDDING ME!! It’s on baby. Not only will I get to scratch the trip to SEMA off my bucket list but to have something in the show.....man o man. An honour even if it gets no attention.

So how did it go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey buddy. So Dean would be the right guy. However, as it always goes, when your good your busy and that means I need to wait. Good news is that it’s not too long. He’s thinking he’d be able to take my car in sometime in January. He also figs about 3 months. So far I think we’re on the same page. Still need to discuss particulars but looking promising. I think once I have the car back and mostly assembled next spring I will look to involve potential sponsorship. Could take the build to its best possible presentation considering where it’s coming from.

Let us know. I will love to see your car out there. I am sure it will be a big hit.

Hi all. Long time since I’ve been on. Left the car sitting for over 2 years to focus on other things. My interest in getting back on the car has been peeking and I’m in the gathering of parts mode. Thanks to my cousin, I scored this nice piece and did away with the FITECH. I’m looking forward to the snappy throttle response and a few added horses. Still need to get the Air Conditioning set up and full pulley set up to finish out the power plant. I’m just happy to get something going here again. Glad to be back chatting it up and enjoying all the hard work I’ve been browsing on through these builds as well.

Hi all. Long time since I’ve been on. Left the car sitting for over 2 years to focus on other things. My interest in getting back on the car has been peeking and I’m in the gathering of parts mode. Thanks to my cousin, I scored this nice piece and did away with the FITECH. I’m looking forward to the snappy throttle response and a few added horses. Still need to get the Air Conditioning set up and full pulley set up to finish out the power plant. I’m just happy to get something going here again. Glad to be back chatting it up and enjoying all the hard work I’ve been browsing on through these builds as well.
Welcome back brofessor!

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome back. Thats a cool intake. Tell us more about it. How tall is it?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ya Tony. What I love about it is that it’s an equal runner tune port injection style. Throttle response, horsepower and torque all effected. It uses an external ECU that allows you to lock out the distributor but still gives you the proper curve from idle to acceleration. In my experience, locking out a distributor with a carb style fuel injection system has you always set at 35 or 36 degrees. Not optimal. Plus with the large injectors it can handle up to 600hp. You can also put nice power adders to it but I’m not interested in that. Best part is that it will just fit under the hood and look Trick.

On another note. I’m going to ditch the leaf springs and go with a three link. I want the 6 way adjustability and Perfoance. Worth popping for. It also makes more room in the exhaust area. Which brings me to the other thing circled in purple, the stock tank. I have a brand new stock replacement but If I was to go to a fuel cell that was only 20” wide, I will be able to get my Stainless steel Varex VForce mufflers out from under the rear seats. Putting them all the way to the back would be a nice touch I think.

Hey all. As an update, I’m FINALLY reengaged in getting this build going after two and a half years of next to nothing going. I’m aiming to get the car done for next summer and hope to stick to that deadline. Will keep you all posted in the months to come. Barring any hiccups it should be fun. List is extensive. Custom suspension going to be added, frame connection, Custom fuel cell, stainless exhaust, pulley system, air conditioning, a colour change, reverse camera, sound system, altered stripes, and the list goes on lol. 

Hey all. It’s been a long time. 
Im look into going with an air ride system fir the suspension. Has anyone on this forum got any experience or info they can share on this ? I’d love any feedback. 

Hey Angelo, I just got back started on mine after a couple years. I’m glad I’m not alone with time loss and other things. Still so much to do.  I’ve Been doing upholstery and started painting and assembling my dash. I hope your doing well. 

I did air bags in Front of my mustera, there are quite a few Pics posted on this Forum. If I can help let me know. Of course You may have a completely different approach in mind. I ended up with about 6” of travel, 

Back