Will my carpet fit?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machattack

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1 351c 4v auto fmx
1968 mustang gt 302 4v 4 speed
I ordered a carpet on line . I presumed it was correct as there title said 71-73 mustang fastback. Of course like most they are resellers of the product for ACC carpets. I received the carpet today and the box is marked 71-73 mustang coupe.
I pose the question......... is a coupe and fastback/ sportsroof floor pan the same? or is this just a wording flaw?

Thanks For helpin!
Rod

ACC has different part numbers for coupes and fastbacks. You probably need to contact the shop you purchased it from.
Thanks Sheriff'
Ill call ACC directly.
Thats what I was noticing, but was praying for a better outcome. Heres the ad they posted and what I bought from. Ebay seller.

1971-73 Mustang Coupe / Fastback Passenger Area Nylon Loop Floor Carpet - Black​

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE AT WINDY CITY MUSCLE CARS

Thanks Sheriff'
Ill call ACC directly.
Thats what I was noticing, but was praying for a better outcome. Heres the ad they posted and what I bought from. Ebay seller.

1971-73 Mustang Coupe / Fastback Passenger Area Nylon Loop Floor Carpet - Black​

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE AT WINDY CITY MUSCLE CARS
Interestingly enough, I contacted ACC they say the carpet for fastback and coupe carry 2 different part #s as we know.
. However yet another distributor for O.E.R carpets says that the pans are the same and that it will fit Both cars 1971 Coupe and Fastbacks.
Can anyone chime in to confirm a positive fitment??

I have a convertible, so my opinion may not matter. There are some other potential differences between a coupe and a fastback besides the main cabin floor - like carpeting behind a fold-down seat. Perhaps that could lead to a part number difference rather than the carpet that goes on the floor of the main cabin.

So, I went higher on the totem pole for ACC carpets.
I posed that very question. Is it possible the floor pans are the same mold and the part # difference is, as simple as, a rear fold down seat or NO fold down seat? After serious digging for answers they went to the shop workers and ask what mold press do you use on Fastbacks? and on coupes? The answer is......... they are both the same mold.

The other part of that equation is that fold down seat carpet kits may or may not only include the piece that fits on the fold-down seat portion. The floor pans are the same for fold-down seats just the same as fixed seats., just like the bottom cushions of the fold-down seats themselves are the same.

Back