Will these wheels and tires work before I pull the trigger?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Base 6 cylinder, and 72 Base 351C
I am getting ready to order wheels and tires thru Summit...

I want to get them, so I can make sure I don't have to do any clearancing anywhere while I'm working on my quarter, ect.  I want these style wheels, I used to call them slotted mags, the only ones I can find are from US Mags. I was hoping for a 10" in the rear, but they only go up to 9".

The combo I am looking at is 15x9 with 5" BS in the rear, with Mickey Thompson 295-50-15 solid white letter tires. In the front 15x8 with 4.5" BS, and 235-60-15's.

Was hoping to tuck the rear in just a little more, but that's as much as they have. The fronts, I could go with 4" BS if anyone thinks there might be a rub on the balljoint, ect. I have new coils springs for the front, and new 5 leaf rears. Going for an old school look with my car. I've been looking thru threads on here, and thinking I'm in the ballpark...

Does everything sound good before I order? Would be a big "Ooops" if they don't!! Thanks, Earl

2017-11-27 14.45.05.jpg

Back