Window crank

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 Q-code 351CJ
1968 289 Coupe
2005 Mustang V6 Legend Lime
1968 Chevrolet Nova
1964 Corvette Stingray
1986 Corvette "Official Pace Car"
1986 Mercedes 190D
Guys ,

I have 2 window cranks in my car who are marked as 72 cranks.

I have the style with the notch as pictured.

I ordered a new knob for one of them because the clear plastic has broken.

Got the "Scott Drake" style knob now who is all clear and has no ice-chrystal marking in it.

This knob will not fit the notch style crank !?? , it's made for the flat style crank.

I looked at the websites from some vendors but it seems that the only knob available is the one for the flat crank !??

So i need a nice used crank with clear knob ( with the ice-chrystal marking in it ) or a new knob.

Where can i buy one ??

JB

raamsl.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never gotten a good part from Scott Drake...and never been able to find a good replacement for the window crank knob.

Good luck.

Maybe call National Parts Depot and see what they have, my 72 has a flat style on the right and the hub style on the left. I think my car is a 1972 & 1/2. when i head out to the garage i'll look in their catolog and write back if i see anything good.

National Parts depot has the crank and knob,no seperate knob.

10/71-4/73 $11.95 #23342-5A

4/73- $9.95 #23342-6

5A looks like a good match for the knob color a silverish clear.

I've Checked CJ's,Mac's,califoronia mustang,and mustangs unlimited,nobody sells the 10-71- knob seperatley.

Thanks for the replys , i guess i have to look for a nice used one on Ebay or ...........

If someone has an original spare crank to sell , please pm me.

Thanks Guys !

JB

Back