WINDOW CRANKS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmarlojill

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible, 351C 2v, Full restoration
Im looking for the shorter rear window cranks for my 73 convertible.

does anyone know where I can get some reproduction ones?

Hi Bob,

To the best of my knowledge, you can't get repro quarter window cranks for a '73 Vert at this stage sorry, only full sized front cranks.(correct me if i'm wrong)

Two options would be - refurbish your existing ones(if you have them) or look for an original set second hand for sale. I ended up restoring my originals and was quite happy with the end result.

Again, another example of more repro parts that can't be gotten for our 123 Mustangs.:mad:

Greg.:)

Hi Bob,

To the best of my knowledge, you can't get repro quarter window cranks for a '73 Vert at this stage sorry, only full sized front cranks.(correct me if i'm wrong)

Two options would be - refurbish your existing ones(if you have them) or look for an original set second hand for sale. I ended up restoring my originals and was quite happy with the end result.

Again, another example of more repro parts that can't be gotten for our 123 Mustangs.:mad:

Greg.:)
Unfortunately I don't have the originals....

Austin Vert is correct on the short handles. Although it was used on some other Ford car lines, guess the demand isn't enough for the reproduction people. The one listed on CJ's site is for 68-70 and uses a set screw. The one on E-Bay is 71 and 72 through 10/1/71. Those were the ones with the color keyed knobs. From 10/1/71 and all 73's used the handles with the non replaceable clear knob. I could list the other Ford lines that used the short handle, but unless you know of a salvage yard close to you that still has some 70's cars I would be wasting your time. Assuming your 73 has the correct clear knob front handles and you want them to match the rear handles, you need D2AZ-7630322-A. The link I'm going to post shows three locations that MAY have that part. I don't know how often they update their inventory or what kind of $$ they are thinking. But it wouldn't hurt to contact them and see how proud they are of their parts!! http://www.rearcounter.com/D2AZ-7630322-A-parts61695.html

If that falls through and you want your handles to match, you could get the rear handles from Rocket366 and switch your front to 71 style. After all...it's only money!! :D

Back