WINDSCREEN WASHER 73 MUSTANG

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdvmarto

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Hi,

Just wondering if a 73 Mach 1 actually has a windscreen washer fitted standard. Planning on having the Mustang licenced in the next few weeks (australia) and noticed no resevoir, pump, washer nozzles etc. Also does not seem to be an area where the washer nozzles may have attached.

Can someone shed some light on this and maybe post a picture of where the washer nozzles and reservoir should be fitted, if they where fitted.

Thanks

Marty

Two washer nozzles screw in under the rear lip of the bonnet (you'll probably see two screw holes under there):

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=2425

XWSOuRMmipsA.JPG

and the washer bottle bolts onto the front left fender apron (you'll also need the pump for the bottle)

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=3036

D1TZ-17618_LG.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the water pump is in the reservoir... Not the same part but you can see in one of the laterals, a black cylinder that goes into the reservoir...

The other thing you have to try to find out is the actual route of the hoses and some T shaped plastic connectors that goes in the hose circuit...

My car has it all installed from factory so i can help you to accomplish the original looks of this system but what i dont know is the wiring for this as mine is not working, pump is missing and no wires appear to be loose over there...

good luck my friend! :p

Hi,

Just wondering if a 73 Mach 1 actually has a windscreen washer fitted standard. Planning on having the Mustang licenced in the next few weeks (australia) and noticed no resevoir, pump, washer nozzles etc. Also does not seem to be an area where the washer nozzles may have attached.

Can someone shed some light on this and maybe post a picture of where the washer nozzles and reservoir should be fitted, if they where fitted.

Thanks

Marty
Marty I have the pump, bottle, hoses with proper tee, nozzles and screws

Don

Here are a couple of pictures that may help you with the location of the fluid tank and washer hose under the hood; you can't see the nozzles, but you can see the water hose where in goes into and out of the hood. This is the way my 73 Convert came from the factory.

(These are both before and after pics)

DSCF4339.jpg

DSCF8203.jpg

DSCF4361-1.jpg

DSCF0777.jpg

Back