Windshield Washer Pumps

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael O’Harran

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Mustang 351C
Currently Under Restoration
I am looking to replace my windshield washer pump/motor so when my build is done it will be one less issue to fail me down the road. I’m looking at CJ Pony and see them sold as two items. The pump doesn’t look like it’s sold with the motor but the motor looks like it’s sold with the pump? Or is that just a housing and I need to purchase the pump too? Any insight? Thanks.

I am looking to replace my windshield washer pump/motor so when my build is done it will be one less issue to fail me down the road. I’m looking at CJ Pony and see them sold as two items. The pump doesn’t look like it’s sold with the motor but the motor looks like it’s sold with the pump? Or is that just a housing and I need to purchase the pump too? Any insight? Thanks.
Figured it out and couldn’t figure out how to delete post.

For what it is worth, In Alberta, Canada we have old car safety inspections (especially if the car is bought out of the province of Alberta) for new registrations.
I would bet that if the car didn’t have a working wiper water pump and wipers (and the inspector caught it) that you would be forced to have it fixed/replaced before you are legally able to register and drive the car up
here.

That said, I havent had any water in my wiper reservoir for about 30 years....as I don’t drive it in the rain and it is parked all winter.
:)

Back