Winter sucks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
We where lucky for a while in December. It January now and It zero out with a very nice wind. We got a -25 degree wind chill and 2 to 4 inches of snow coming depending on who you listen to. My vert is covered in the garage.Think Spring.

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on out to AZ. We had 82 yesterday, just 68 today and I think 72 tomorrow! Sorry but the Chamber of Commerce makes us say that. We try and forget about the 115+ summers

Going back in time my grandfathers were pioneers In MI starting in the 1850s around

the Houghton Lake area getting free land from service in the Revolutionary and Civil wars.

They were farmers, lumberjacks and blacksmiths and reading old documents and looking at

old photos they cut wood every spare minute they had just to survive the winter.

I took my first trip to MI 2 yrs ago to see the old homesteads and thought I'd like to retire

there then my wife set me strait...

"Yer a California boy and don't know what cold is!"

I think she is right and I wouldn't like it but it sure is pretty country!

Regards

Paul

Agreed,

Lately..I just despise the winter..It's really putting a damper in my gear head lifestyle..New England states here -15 last nite snow tomorrow..5 to -5 the next 3 days Sand & salt on the roads...Spring my butt..It sucks unless you like skiing winter sports..I had my fill of that stuff.

In the UK all the roads are salted. Not good for any Classic car or Mustang. The temp can range from -7 to +10 degrees any day in the winter monthes.

Agreed,

Lately..I just despise the winter..It's really putting a damper in my gear head lifestyle..New England states here -15 last nite snow tomorrow..5 to -5 the next 3 days Sand & salt on the roads...Spring my butt..It sucks unless you like skiing winter sports..I had my fill of that stuff.
+1

my wife said her car read -3 this morning, not including the wind-chill!!

Same here in WNY. Single digit temps, gusty (40mph) winds with occasional 2-3 inch per hour snowfalls. But the ponies are in safe hibernation.

Luckily, the local ski areas finally have enough coverage so I'm finally off to the slopes with some good friends. We meet up 3-4 days a week to get out of the house and get a workout for the next couple months. If you have the proper clothing, its not bad at all.

Our winter seasons are probably what make WNY local and cruise events so well attended from May- Oct.

I think winters sucks too.. The days are shorter, not many day hours before it gets dark, I don't like it. But we don't have any snow here right now, very nice! We have + degrees, it's a mild winter this year. Right now we have a huge storm coming in called Dagmar.. :)

Yes, winter really sucks! I just got done snowblowing the driveway. Burr! I used to love winter till I got in a head on snowmobile accident. I can't ride anymore so I got back into cars. I had a 67 Chevelle for 29 years & had to sell it. Got my Mach 1 last spring & love it Anyways, I do miss riding, but I miss driving my car more! Think spring.

Sorry, I can't read anymore of this thread. Just reading about the cold makes me cold. I have to go get a blanket now!

Cold here too, but lately we've had very cold but sunny days. One upside to colder weather to me is the cooler, denser air and my car loves it!

Hi as Daniel said the winter months is not a fon time! The storm is finally over! This has given people who live close to waterside is now having water in there house's! That's sucks! Sad for them... But I believe that the storm's is gonna be harder!! Regards DK73

Greetings from balmy San Antonio... we think it's cold here since it's stayed in the 40's the last couple of days. I think we'll hit low 50's today. It's messing with my golfing now! It's the summers that sometimes wreak havoc on us here.

JHawk

We where lucky for a while in December. It January now and It zero out with a very nice wind. We got a -25 degree wind chill and 2 to 4 inches of snow coming depending on who you listen to. My vert is covered in the garage.Think Spring.

John J
John,

Have grown up in Clinton township I remember the nasty weather well. I left for the southwest at 20 and never looked back. Atleast you have those wonderful fall days!

Jim

Growing up in Akron Ohio I remember it raining Christmas eve circa 1959.

Thought that was weird. A week later it was 30 below zero.

Here near San Jose, CA it is 32 in the morning and 75 in the afternoon.

Winter for us means lots of rain, hopefully, and a good Sierra snow pack

the source of our water supply. Rain runs back to the ocean to be recycled.

We have four seasons; wet season, dry season, earthquake season and cold.

mike

Back