Wiper stabilizer arm pin

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Hemikiller

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
65 coupe
Probably easier to replace the linkage itself. Check the classifieds, there were a couple guys parting cars out.

kcmash

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
I have a spare wiper transmission linkage.  PM Me if interested.

kcmash

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
The clip on the transmission arm is a little tricky to get off. You have to lift the center part over the shaft and then slide the clip off. Would be a good time to clean the gear case and put new grease in while you have it out.

Fabrice

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande 351C
71 Mach 1 429CJ
The clip on the transmission arm is a little tricky to get off. You have to lift the center part over the shaft and then slide the clip off. Would be a good time to clean the gear case and put new grease in while you have it out.
@david

Do you have a pict of the assembly? I need do mine, and so far, found only this kind of small/pixelly picts.

http://mustangpartsdirect.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_83_943&product_id=6198

or

https://www.cjponyparts.com/wiper-motor-transmission-arm-1971-1973/p/WWMA4/

I'm after more details, especially the order in which it's bolted on (I recall the studs have some star heads), if there are washers or special parts (like the squarish spacer of the motor), things to pay attention to...

As they are in place for almost 50 years, is there some expected to be hard to reach and get loose nut? Was the hardware of good enough quality that should handle some torque with bits of oil...??

Any input welcome.

Don C

Fords Forever
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
Maybe these will help, illustration from the parts manual and instructions from the shop manual