Wire Harness removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to guess at what you need to do here.  I presume the two connectors are free to move in/out of the bracket but the rear connector stops it from going back towards the firewall completely.  If so, your locking tabs are working.

To remove the two halves, you'll need to slide the assembly as far forward (towards the rear of the car) so that the rear flange of the rear green connector is up against the bracket.  Then, continue to pull the underdash harness side of the connector away from the other half.  That should break the two halves apart.

Thanks again MIdlife, I checked the bolt and it is not broken. What you describe for separating the plugs is basically what I have been doing so far but will continue to try. After almost 50 years of being connected, these things are really stuck.  I can move the entire plug assembly back and forth, up and down in the metal plate, but have not been able to get any separation between the male and female plug. I will keep at it though, thanks.

Tom

Back