Wonder why my car would not run

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped the fuel filter today to find this, how could anyone send this to a new customer just disappointing
That’s does suck for sure but the silver lining is that you may be back to figuring out the trans and the rear deck fitting as close as possible… I still recommend you going through all the comments related to safe handling and most importantly, stopping. Keep us updated as I sense we have a shine for you and your situation to achieve a successful investment and the pleasure of having a reliable daily driver. 👍🏻

For that filter to be like that, there has to be a ton of rust inside the fuel tank. I don't think anyone did that on purpose, the filter was old or clogged and they just replaced it, just like you are going to do right now. If you do not want to change the fuel tank, put one of the plastic clear filters that you can see into. Then run the car and keep a lose eye on it. It is going to clog again, and it could be quite soon, depending on how much junk is in the fuel tank. Keep a couple of those clear plastic filters in the car, so if it junks up on you when you are out on the road you can change it. With the amount of debris that you have there I would not doubt that the sock on the fuel tank sending unit is either not there, or it has split and is letting all the junk go into the fuel lines. You can just run the car and keep throwing fuel filter out as the start clogging, eventually it will get better, but this will never go away as the tank is internally rusting. You really need to think about putting a new fuel tank and sending unit in there.

Attachments

• 710wAjo3HzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    710wAjo3HzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
Back