Would this be NOS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMS

Vendors
Reaction score
My Car
xxx
While taking apart a car. I noticed a bump in the sound-deadner, thought it would be the usual stray bolt.

It was a green coat hook. The cars interior is Ginger, guess the assembly line worker thought the floor was the best place for it.

Wonder what the passengers thought - it is right where your foot would be and by the rocker are two bolts

Just kidding about it being NOS - I find it interesting how much extra nuts, bolts and bits are tossed in the cars

Last edited by a moderator:
While taking apart a car. I noticed a bump in the sound-deadner, thought it would be the usual stray bolt.

It was a green coat hook. The cars interior is Ginger, guess the assembly line worker thought the floor was the best place for it.

Wonder what the passengers thought - it is right where your foot would be and by the rocker are two bolts

Just kidding about it being NOS -  I find it interesting how much extra nuts, bolts and bits are tossed in the cars

Is the car as dry as it looks?

I love these little time capsule stories!

When I put the wind down quarter windows in my fastback I noticed the the top metal bracket just under the quarter window, the one that ads a bit of internal support for the interior quarter panel, was missing on one side. In fact it was obvious that the bracket had never been fitted because one of the screw holes on the inner wall of the car was 90% missing due to a fault in the panel stamping process.

A few years later the mystery was solved when I was sprucing up the floor panels. I pulled up the factory insulation in the rear footwell and there was the missing bracket pressed into the insulation. I surmise that Fred Blogg's the factory assembler realised he couldn't screw it on because of the deformed mounting hole and so decided to piff it on the rear floor instead.

So after forty something years later I did the factory workers job for him by drilling out the hole and screwing the bracket into it's rightful intended position.

I was taking the interior out of the 72 Q code Mach 1 T-5 back in the 70's. When I took the screws out of the long console there melted into the carpet was what was left of a cigarette. Someone was smoking put their lit cigarette down and someone put the console on top of it while burning.

I did not let them do a dealer prep on my 73 Mach 1. It had several extra screws and extra set of the stainless for the pedals and the punch cards used to generate the Build Sheet were in the floor.

Don, I would vote NOS. It's a new genuine Ford part that has never been installed. Instead of being in a box on a dealers shelf, it was being "Stored" for future use in the vehicle floor!     :p   Put a number on it and place in your inventory!   :eek:)

Under my cougar drivers carpet was a brand new driver side power window switch set, and an offical Ford paper coffee cup from the morning shift.

Back