Wow...They are really slamming on are cars on Wiki now

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Crap...I thought it was bad before...But wow!! they even made it worse..Look what wiki says about our rides

Developed under the watch of "Bunkie" Knudsen, the Mustang evolved "from speed and power" to the growing consumer demand for bigger and heavier "luxury" type designs.[33] "The result were the styling misadventures of 1971–73 ... The Mustang grew fat and lazy,"[33] "Ford was out of the go-fast business almost entirely by 1971."[34] "This was the last major restyling of the first-generation Mustang."[35] "The cars grew in every dimension except height, and they gained about 800 pounds (363 kg)."[35] "The restyling also sought to create the illusion that the cars were even larger."[35] The 1971 Mustang was nearly 3 inches (76 mm) wider than the 1970, its front and rear track was also widened by 3 inches (76 mm), and its size was most evident in the SportsRoof models with its nearly flat rear roofline[36] and cramped interior with poor visibility for the driver.[37] Performance decreased with sales continuing to decrease[38] as consumers switched to the smaller Pintos and Mavericks. A displeased Iacocca summed up later: "The Mustang market never left us, we left it."[

cramped interior? Now that is new...I never seen that before...And i read this wiki on our rides before..But wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang

I've read that before...
I seen the fat and lazy before...But the cramp interior and all the extra's...I did not see..lol..gained 800 pounds? 800 pounds from 69 and 70? Or 800 pounds from original stang from 64 and a half?

Last edited by a moderator:
and then you park a 71-73 mustang next to a 2005-2013 mustang and gaze in wonder at how tiny it is.

They should actually get in one and drive it instead of posting what they no nothing about - total d*cks

Well the pinto's and mavericks were a great idea now weren't they? I think not...just proves that changing consumer interest is not always the best solution

They should actually get in one and drive it instead of posting what they no nothing about - total d*cks
Most of the citations are from old mustang books from the 80's i noticed..Out of date and wrote during a still 71-73 bias time...A few from 2000's...But i bet you are right..They just saying what they read from some one else..With out taking the time to drive them and check out the diffrence..Cause there is no way in hell that any owner of a 64-70 mustangs would say a 71-73 is cramped if they took the time to get in one...I been in about every year of body style..Besides the new new new ones..lol...71-73 have the most leg and head room of any of the mustangs i been in up too 2006 for me..lol

I like all of the first generation Mustangs, especially the 69-73's fastbacks and convertibles. Amazingly I've found that those who dislike the 71-73 Mustangs the most aren't Chevy or Dodge fans, it's many of the 65-70 Mustang owners. I went to one Mustang car show that didn't allow the 71-73's to be parked in the first generation Mustang parking area.

Meh, I've always known I owned a red-headed step-child, and always been kinda proud of that fact. I've never gotten a thumbs down at a gas station or a red light, but dozens of thumbs up. That, to me, is real, authentic social feedback, and not something written by haters. :)

Jim,

I think they are called Mustang Snobs... I don't give a rats a$$ what anyone thinks about my (our) cars. I love the lines of my car, it really is beautiful. I think about it this way... I was able to buy this great vintage mustang, a rare grande Q code, 4speed, comp suspension ac, power windows, T5 option for a very reasonable price because of idiots like that. We should be thanking them...

Jim,

I think they are called Mustang Snobs... I don't give a rats a$$ what anyone thinks about my (our) cars. I love the lines of my car, it really is beautiful. I think about it this way... I was able to buy this great vintage mustang, a rare grande Q code, 4speed, comp suspension ac, power windows, T5 option for a very reasonable price because of idiots like that. We should be thanking them...
True..It is nice they have stayed out of the main stream for price..But a down side..Lack of parts cause they are not as popular....And nothing worse than having to correct every hater out there you run into cause they read something on the net about them or learned to hate them from there freinds or parents..lol..So many people come up and loved my car..Thought it was older 69 or 70..Then when i tell them the year...They look funny..And say..Ohh the heavy slow stangs..."shakes head" Our years..Specialy the 71's are some of the best all around performing stangs ever built at the time..I say good sides and down to being unpopular.....But no reason to lie about them on wiki....They was not heavy...And they was not cramped .lol

Meh, I've always known I owned a red-headed step-child, and always been kinda proud of that fact. I've never gotten a thumbs down at a gas station or a red light, but dozens of thumbs up. That, to me, is real, authentic social feedback, and not something written by haters. :)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Back