• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 1971 429 CJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustangs Cougars
Just bought a 1971 Mach 1 with J code, 4 speed. I am thrilled to have such an exciting Mustang!   But, I need an original 429 engine for this poor rascal.  Going to keep it rough-looking 

for now, so I am interested in original pewter paint Mach 1 fenders and scooped hood.   Also need the rest of the front end---valance, grill, bumper, drive shaft, RUG AZ etc...I have a 1969 big input trans and C9AA bellhousing.  Located in northern Virginia...thanks everyone! [email protected]

Just bought a 1971 Mach 1 with J code, 4 speed. I am thrilled to have such an exciting Mustang!   But, I need an original 429 engine for this poor rascal.  Going to keep it rough-looking 

for now, so I am interested in original pewter paint Mach 1 fenders and scooped hood.   Also need the rest of the front end---valance, grill, bumper, drive shaft, RUG AZ etc...I have a 1969 big input trans and C9AA bellhousing.  Located in northern Virginia...thanks everyone! [email protected]
I might have a pair of original pewter fenders but I would need a pair of fenders to replace them.  They are rust free and very straight.   Are your green fenders rust free and straight?

I might have a pair of original pewter fenders but I would need a pair of fenders to replace them.  They are rust free and very straight.   Are your green fenders rust free and straight?
They are both decent with no rust thru and straight but maybe not as good as yours.  I would pay extra for better ones.  But you are far away in Michigan?   I'd bring them to you to see.  I am in Wash DC area, where are you?  Thanks

They are both decent with no rust thru and straight but maybe not as good as yours.  I would pay extra for better ones.  But you are far away in Michigan?   I'd bring them to you to see.  I am in Wash DC area, where are you?  Thanks
I am in Michigan, but I would only trade these for ones in perfect shape like these.  I need these for a restoration project, but the color of the my car is Dark Green Metallic so these would be painted anyways.  I just thought if yours were pretty darn perfect, we could possibly swap.  Your passenger fender looks like it is dented along with the door, is that correct?

If you go to the spring swap meet in Charlotte at the speedway there are always 429 engines and parts there. Not cheap but there. It is the first Weekend of April and goes Thursday, Friday & Saturday. It is a monster with over 200 acres of parts.

Some pictures from there in past. That set of 73 Forged Aluminum wheels had an asking price of $100. You need to plan on three days to get through most of it. Lots of cars also.

Also check on Craigslist in the Charlotte area. There are a couple guys that have anything you need as long as you have the money. You can get 4 speed stuff from Dan Williams in Murphy, N.C. he has for any model.

That is one expensive car to find the right parts for sure.

I am in Michigan, but I would only trade these for ones in perfect shape like these.  I need these for a restoration project, but the color of the my car is Dark Green Metallic so these would be painted anyways.  I just thought if yours were pretty darn perfect, we could possibly swap.  Your passenger fender looks like it is dented along with the door, is that correct?
No, the passenger fender has a door bumper strip that follows a prior door side scrape.  Email me and I can send you back better pictures.  [email protected] Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back