• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 1972 grande wheel covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmdorsett

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Grande, 351c 2bbl, automatic
looking for 1972 Grande wheel covers, I was referred t this site (which I joined and thanks for the response) tried to reply to a set of five but no luck. still looking.
update; I have found a set +1, thank you dhvidston for your patience. Update, got a set of 5. Thank you Doug.

Last edited:
There were a couple of different wheel covers - do you have a photo of what you are looking for? I have a NOS set of these. They have never been on a car.

Attachments

• 20220306_120921.jpg
    20220306_120921.jpg
    883.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I might have some.

I have a set of these:

86ff53246b24d5ca2c7727ea5d4de80f.jpg

Or are you looking for these:

72_Ford_Mustang_DV-12_GG_02.jpg

Last edited:
looking for 1972 Grande wheel covers, I was referred t this site (which I joined and thanks for the response) tried to reply to a set of five but no luck. still looking.

@dhvidston didn't have them anymore?

https://7173mustangs.com/threads/72-73-mustang-grande-hub-caps.40298/
There were a couple of different wheel covers - do you have a photo of what you are looking for? I have a NOS set of these. They have never been on a car.

The ones I linked to above are the correct 72-73 cover. You image was only used on 71s.

these are the ones I am looking for; the brochure pic is an original my wife bought on-line

Those are the correct standard-issue wheel covers for the 72-73 Grande'. The "Mustang" lettered cover was standard on the 71 Grande', but was replaced by the black center "deluxe" cover with the running horse logo in 72.

I think I was looking for the one on the gold car but am not sure now which were factory on the Grande! thank you for the reply
The caps on the gold car are correct for a 72 Grande. I did see some on Ebay yesterday, but not many.
The caps on the red car are 71, but for a one year only cap there are tons of those around.

The caps on the gold car are correct for a 72 Grande. I did see some on Ebay yesterday, but not many.
The caps on the red car are 71, but for a one year only cap there are tons of those around.

The Mustang lettered full wheel covers were optional in 71 on base models, standard on base models in 72, and optional again in '73.

GREETINGS! Welcome to the 71-73 Mustang site! Yes, I still have the set of five Grande Hubcaps that you are looking for. The hubcaps pictured on the red car are "standard" issue hubcaps... while the caps pictured on my post and on the gold car are "Grande" specific hub caps. Let me know if you are still interested in giving your Grande it's proper caps! All 5 are still available and would look great on your driver! Doug in Indy 317-525-4192.

The Mustang lettered full wheel covers were optional in 71 on base models, standard on base models in 72, and optional again in '73.
That would explain why there are so many out there. The Mustang reference books tend to get a little spotty with info on 71-73.

thank you Doug, would you mind reposting the pics and what would shipping be to zip 87418- northern New Mexico
Thanks for your interest PMD! shipping will be close to $50.. I can let you exact cost when shipped out.

Attachments

• 4k9XCII0QJ+QidGP3Mzqpw.jpg
    4k9XCII0QJ+QidGP3Mzqpw.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • abeMO0PaRnu3lOgq+%pRFQ.jpg
    abeMO0PaRnu3lOgq+%pRFQ.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • Dt85T5cdSmOXUpDntU+log.jpg
    Dt85T5cdSmOXUpDntU+log.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 4uq%KJCzSOOGn2kOAOIh8w.jpg
    4uq%KJCzSOOGn2kOAOIh8w.jpg